Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a leaf sprung RC44 front in a junk yard and trying to figure out if it is still useable. It is just the housing with nothing else. The problem is it has been laying out with no diff cover and no axle shafts for who knows how long was covered in alot of rust though. It also was missing the hald circle things that hold the carrier in as well as the bolts. They could have been in the dirt didn't look that closely. How big of a problem will this cause? Not sure how much but could probably get it pretty cheap and get the shaffts and everything else i need of another front 44. Just wondering if it is even worth messing with

Matt

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I find them laying in the ground how big of deal will the rust be. I am not sure how bad the rust is assuming that it int rusting holes in everything can it just be cleaned up real good and re used?

Matt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stupid newbie question

if it is just the center section, how do you tell if it is for the front or rear?

brent

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Matt, I know Fairfield is a distance from Fresno, but three weeks ago I pulled the outers off a 79 Bronco with HP44... They only wanted $200 for the whole front end!!! And it was a whole lot better then what you are talking about..

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Originally posted by 97Taco:
<STRONG>Stupid newbie question

if it is just the center section, how do you tell if it is for the front or rear?

brent</STRONG>
Even if it was just the pig, high pinions only came in the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts