Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get just the base plate for my q-jet? my throttle shafts are fawked and i just want to replace it. i saw a guy on ebay selling them but wondered if i could just pick one up locally.

alos what are the most common things to fawk up on a qjet? i am going to rebuild this one off a 76 chevy truck my buddy gave to me.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rolleyes: my buddy owns a bone yard i could get shitty worn out q-jets all day...i was looking for a NEW base plate, the guy on ebay want like 10 bucks for one.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Chrisjeep7 said:
:rolleyes: my buddy owns a bone yard i could get shitty worn out q-jets all day...i was looking for a NEW base plate, the guy on ebay want like 10 bucks for one.
I have seen some good ones on junkers. Maybe try a carb shop. Sometimes they have odd parts laying around. Or a tune up shop.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah i read that the other day when i was searching for a fix for it. it is really that easy? and what do you do to keep the screws on the butterflys from coming back out? lock tight?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I wouldn't trust loctite for screws continually bathed in fuel. Take a good sharp punch and stake them securely. Yeah it's really that easy, just be careful not to twist the little buggers off.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Take it to a carb shop. I asume you issue is slop in the shaft. They can install a bronze sleave in the base plate to fix that. Not that expensive and BETTER than new because the Bronze insert has more surface area than they had stock as well as being a harder material then the pot matal the base is made out of.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have heard that Napa sells the bushings and a reamer for the job. Can anybody confirm this with part numbers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts