Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could give some advise. I have a 99 silverado 4x4, 5.3, extended cab short box auto. The problem i have noticed is when the truck is not quite warmed up I'll drive down the block and then when pulling on to the next road it will leve me hanging, like when i give it the gass it will take maby 3 seconds before it winds up and goes I have replaced the fuel filter and checked to see if the fuel psi regulator was leaking in to the vacume line no change also put in injecter cleaner in it also but nothing seems to work. After it warms up it runs great. any ideas what the trouble is?
One more thing not related to the above, but has any one found a problem with the shift indicator and odomiter screen going out? I can thump the dash lightly and it will come on. seemed to start happening after i had the dealer work on it. So took the dash apart and made sure the connector was tight but it still does it. Is it a sign that the insterment cluster needs to be replaced?
Thanks Dan.

·
FOF
2,864 Posts
Is it possible that the clutch fan is still cold and hasn't released yet? This would make the fan much louder and definitely makes the truck seam slugish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts