Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed QA1 has coilover springs and they are bit cheaper than eibachs...Anyone have experience with the QA1s ? I am interested in thoughts to quality in comparison to something like eibach.. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I have noticed QA1 has coilover springs and they are bit cheaper than eibachs...Anyone have experience with the QA1s ? I am interested in thoughts to quality in comparison to something like eibach.. Thanks.
I've run both, and won't run 14" long QA1's again. Bowed bad, ate the sides of the seal carriers on my shocks. 10's as an upper coil, no problem, but 14's, no way, I don't need the threads getting chewed off my shock bodies or my seal carriers getting wasted. They also settled noticeably (and out of square) in a very short timeframe, and to slightly different heights than each other.

For cheaper-than-Eibach but still quality, I have no complaints about Hypercoils, in fact, I have several of them on my car now, and would buy more tomorrow if I needed springs. They don't have as wide a selection of sizes and rates as Eibach, though. I'd have no qualms about running Eibachs either, but if I'm going to be ordering in anyway, I may as well order in 20-40% less expensive for what I'm confident is the same quality.

Just for the sake of laying it all out there, the QA1's that I've run have been 14" 150's (more than one pair) and 10" 200's (one pair, still running them), 2.5" ID.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
My 14" QA1's didn't settle at all in the year I have run them, major downside to the QA1's is limited selection.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Why not PAC they are on alot of koh cars
Great service and selection
Best price out there

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
PAC for sure. They support PBB, excellent service, american made, and priced very competatively. Plus, if color matters, they will take care of you there.

Lots of ways to buy:

RacingSprings.com
Call Branik, Wide Open Design, FigSpeed, and many others...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts