Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
How was the mock up for the shackles? Did you end up using a kit or made your own?

I'd like to get a Sunrader and go thru the same conversion one day.
Maybe for the drivetrain did you have to gut another 85 4x4 to get the transfer case?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Close to Complete:

Love it!

do you have any progress pics under the hood? I am looking to do the exact same thing. I am very hesitant because of wanting to pause for the little details such as shackle mounting or which t case to go with.

Did you part out a 4x4 toyo to get the T case and are using stock drivelines? How did you manage to mount up the t-case?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gutted an 84 Toyota 4x4 Pickup for the T case, drivelines modified to fit,
Shackles are off the 84 as well, as it was already decently built for off roading.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Wow man, frekin amazing! When of the best Sunrader/ chinook style builds I have seen to date.:grinpimp:

You guys certainly know what your doing! Awesome.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Very cool!

I'm assuming you went with adaptors for the front, I'd be inspecting them at every oil change, or sooner, you're asking a lot of them

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Very cool!

I'm assuming you went with adaptors for the front, I'd be inspecting them at every oil change, or sooner, you're asking a lot of them
As in wheel spacers? Kinda looks like he would've had to... red Loctite those things and yah, check em every few thousand for sure.

Yah, he did. Looked at the front hub in the pic and it's to far tucked. Prolly 1" to 1-1/2" spacer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Front 6 to 8 lug conversion

We bought 6 lug to 8 lug converter, and bolted it on. Pretty much fused them together with drilling extra holes and putting cold rolled pins in, as well as bolting them together with the old 6 lug, making it safe for off road use.

Of course we inspect it occasionally, but we went the extra mile in making sure they are as
strong and safe as could possibly make them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts