Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm a newbie to this site. Recently saw a truck for sale and since I know nothing about lifting trucks I found this site and figured I could ask you knowledgeable guys some questions and hopefully you can help me out.

Specifics known:

1984 Scottsdale Pick-Up, Short Bed with original 350 8 cylinder. (NOT Blazer!)

Apparently odometer reads 60-70K, yet title shows 110K. Owner does not know the actually mileage, but thinks it's under 100K due to the performance of the vehicle.

Truck has been raised 4" with arched springs.

New Mikey Thompson Rims with New BF Goodrich All Terrain - 35 x 12.50 r 15. (Not sure if the clearance is good for this size tire with being lifted only 4".)

New black paint job.

New dual exhaust with a chrome finish.

Underbody sprayed with weather proofing.

New sprayed truck bed liner.

New upholstery inside.

Asking price is $7,500 Firm OBO

Noticeable work needed: new weather stripping, possible dashboard replacement, gauges, wind shield wipers are done, and back bumper slightly bent downward with noticeable rust on chrome finish.

Our first and most important question is, is this truck worth the 7,500 asking price? Also is this truck capable of off-roading without having a lift kit installed? Should I ask about if he modified or put new shock on, adjusted brakes, etc.? And lastly, if the engine needs replacement in a few years what kind of cost am I looking at to drop in a new engine?

Are there any other questions that I can ask the owner to give you a better idea of this truck and its modifications?

TIA - Black Truck

·
Registered
62 Posts
x2 better deal to be had somewhere else

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
id say pass also... for 7500 that thing should have a 454 with new everything and 1 ton axles. my buddy bought a 84 in MINT shape and paid 5500 for it

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
I'm going with no too. If I can get this super clean original K5 for $5000 you can get a better deal than $7500 for that '84. :)

thats a purrrrdy truck. id hate to spend even that much cause i just destroy all my trucks.

i bought my 85 k5 blazer, body is solid. had like 2 surface rust spots when i got it now has a bunch. picked it up for 800 stock.

bought a 84 k5 blazer in pretty good shape, again had a few minor rust spots had a 4inch lift and 33inch tires and paid 1200 for it though i know pick ups go for a bit more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not Worth the Money

OK, so it's been decidingly so that the '84 Scottsdale isn't worth 7,500 and apparently not even worth buying. Does anyone know where I would be able to browse lifted trucks in the Washington, D.C. area? A website maybe? I've never owned a large off-road vehicle before and it's something I would like to get into. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
OK, so it's been decidingly so that the '84 Scottsdale isn't worth 7,500 and apparently not even worth buying. Does anyone know where I would be able to browse lifted trucks in the Washington, D.C. area? A website maybe? I've never owned a large off-road vehicle before and it's something I would like to get into. Any help would be much appreciated!
www.craigslist.com is always full of beaters in my area... and when you get bored you can always check out the personals for good laughs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts