Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up my d60 and it has crossover steering arm on the axle already... and now i will pick up 2wd steering box for it..

do i need to replace the pitman arm to other arm? or the stock factory 2wd steering box will be perfect for it?

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I used a Ford 4" drop pitman arm, like a 79-85 or something. Do a search that info has been covered a million times.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I used a 6" drop pitman arm of a 2wd sub. Keeps my draglink almost parallel to the ground with my 6" of lift. Most will probably work though.

Charlo

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wondering why half of the people say keep it straight as possible and other half use drop ones??

what turning radius do u have??

right now i have 10 bolt and regular steering stuff with the lift i have.. i need like 6 lanes to do full u turn if not more..

so hopefully the d60 i got with crossover arm on it.. will make it lot less :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just installed cross over on my truck last week and I'm very happy with it. Really helped with turning radius. I used a 4 inch drop arm off a ford truck. Worked good with my 8 inch springs and 3 inch 60 block.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hey Dan b, Before i put on that stupid ranch dual front shock kit I could make a u turn in the middle of your average residential street(2 parking lanes and 1.5 driving lanes). Now i need a residential intersection :rolleyes: .
wondering why half of the people say keep it straight as possible and other half use drop ones??
What ORD told me was the later chevies needed a bent draglink to clear engine x-member. I ran the 6" drop pit to level out the draglink and provide furhter engine x-member clearance to play it on the safe side. Every so often i will jump her a little :flipoff2:
I like the way she came out.

Charlo

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I did one of my crossovers, I used the Ford pitman arm on a 2WD Chevy box and had to drill the taper out on the pitman, as the Ford uses a different DLE. The Superlift #1104 drop pitman arm (for older full sized Jeep Wagoneers) has the correct DLE end taper (just like the Chevs) and works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts