Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever broken a CTM due to axle failure ? If so, did CTM replace them or did they say "too bad" ? Curious.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
I'm sure that someone has, but didn't fess up to it, and sent em back to CTM. From what I have heard and seen, Jack has no problem standing behind his product, and warranties;) :beer:

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
MuddMachine said:
Has anyone ever broken a CTM due to axle failure ? If so, did CTM replace them or did they say "too bad" ? Curious.
Worse than axle failure is yoke bind. The yokes run into each other due to excessive steering angle caused by improper or lacking steering stops. Also prevalent on inverted "Y" steering similar to that on a TJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, and others. One of the tires can turn further when one side is stuffed and really is bad on Jack's u-joints.

After a few times of warranty replacement, I have seen Jack highly caution the owner about stops and the possibility of warranty denial if the stops are not taken care of. He is a softie at heart though and I don't think he has ever denied warranty even in blatant cases of yoke bind.

·
Registered
823 Posts
jack is the nicest vendor I've ever dealt with. I screwed up my install and he sent me out some new rubbers, no questions asked. I think I spoke to him on the phone for 15mins, just talking about the u-joints, his axles, his biz, and how much he loves doing what he does! Youre not going to get the jump through hoops deal like you would with another vendor and their "lifetime warrenty"

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Jack is a real wheeler...as long as it's clear that you aren't screwing him, I bet you won't find better customer service anywhere. My take is yes, he'll replace them though if something is happening too often, he'll probably make it clear that things on your end are costing him too much $...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PIA said:
Youre not going to get the jump through hoops deal like you would with another vendor and their "lifetime warrenty"
This is exactly what I was wondering about. A few of us were debating the "d44 vs toy" deal and the issue came up about longfeilds no longer being "guaranteed for life". Not knowing anyone personally who has had similiar problems with CTM's, we all started to wonder where such a situation would leave us. Thanx for the replies guys........ muchly appreciated.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts