Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't have enough money to buy the MIG addon till my next paycheck, so until then Im just using flux-core.. Should I stick with .035 wire? or can I go lower?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
skip the mig upgrade, use flux core for a few years and if you need it buy a nice 220 welder. The penetration with a 110 mig will suck.

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
I agree with aggro, unless you do a lot of sheetmetal work, in which case it'd be worth it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you are going to keep the flux core setup, i would recommend running .030 wire, .035 is kinda big for a weldpac 100 (IMO.). Might be a bit easier to control your puddle with .030.
G/L ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have a Weldpac 100 with the mig conversion and I ran out of argon/co2 in the middle of something and had to put the .035 flux core wire in. I have never gone back! It's way better with the flux core

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
and go to HomeDepot... buy the big spool adapter... save yourself some bucks... buy the larger spool

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I occasionally use my weldpac 100 for small things and I HIGHLY reccomend do not go with the mig addition...like aggro said the 110 is too small to really get a good weld with the solid wire...Iw ould stick with .035 until you can get a bigger machine...JMO

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Aggro said:
skip the mig upgrade, use flux core for a few years and if you need it buy a nice 220 welder. The penetration with a 110 mig will suck.
Second..third..whatever its at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts