Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 4runner with a 22RE/A340F and have a line on a 88 with a 3.0/A340H I was planning on picking up the 88 today but a buddy threw up a flag so I need some clarification.
I'm getting conflicting reports that the F and H are swapable between the 22R-E and the 3VZ-E. If I swap the bellhousing from the 3.0 tranny to the 22re tranny will it work?

Whats says the PBB collective?

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
I have a 86 4runner with a 22RE/A340F and have a line on a 88 with a 3.0/A340H I was planning on picking up the 88 today but a buddy threw up a flag so I need some clarification.
I'm getting conflicting reports that the F and H are swapable between the 22R-E and the 3VZ-E. If I swap the bellhousing from the 3.0 tranny to the 22re tranny will it work?

Whats says the PBB collective?
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/autocrawler/
It's older, but has some good info. AFAIK, not 100% but pretty close to 100% sure, the bellhousings are interchangable between your two trannys, especially since he swapped them between the trannys.

Just get the donor truck and go for it! :)

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any tale tell signs to let me know which is which?
I dont have extra $$ to drop on another rig if the transmissions aren't swappable.

You doing anything this weekend? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
Any tale tell signs to let me know which is which?
I dont have extra $$ to drop on another rig if the transmissions aren't swappable.

You doing anything this weekend? :flipoff2:
Yeah, not getting greasy with someone else's project! :flipoff2:

The bellhousings are the same on the tranny side, and you have two different engine side mounts for the 2 different engines. The setup will physically go together. I don't know about things like input shaft length and stuff, but I've never heard of anyone having trouble...I've also never heard of anyone being successful, either! :p

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I did the smart thing this morning and read every damn build tag i could find on the 86 and sure as Paz said theres a A340H stamped on the tag in the engine bay. :D

Zuzu I owe you a sixer next time theres a Houston get together. :flipoff2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts