Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I aquired some "unfinished" 1.5" front wheel spacers from a buddy. They have no studs coming off of them, where do I get said studs, what size and how long? Part number would be great Do they just press in or what? Sorry for all the questions but they were free.

Also on the back of the spacers does the new stud countersink into the spacer?....I am assuming so it can sit flat on the hub. That is kinda the unfinished part. Just have never used a spacer before so dont really know what a real one looks like.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody got a pic from the back so I can see how the studs go in there (countersunk how far) BEtter yet does anyone have a pic of there spacers w/no studs in them?

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
it truly isn't rocket science. you have everything you need to know sitting there. gett out the tape measure, a wheel and some common sense.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they are not homemade, they are from a buddy that worked at a very well known 4x4 shop, he found them in the trash cause they accidentally nicked them with the mill. I just need to know how long the new studs are supposed to be and how far they are countersunk in the spacer. So Pook....no I dont have everything I need.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant believe this got moved to Newb shit, WHAT THE FUCK????????

BAsically building your own spacers is not NEWBIE SHIT! I want anything that has to do with milling parts or anything on a lathe moved to NEWBIE 4x4!!!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the next question posted up here will be "Spacers for what? What kinda of rig are they going on?" I mean since they got moved out of the Toyota section where you can ask how "how come when I fill my knuckles up with oil does it run out by the BALL??"

These are for Toyota if it matters.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
No they are not homemade, they are from a buddy that worked at a very well known 4x4 shop, he found them in the trash cause they accidentally nicked them with the mill. I just need to know how long the new studs are supposed to be and how far they are countersunk in the spacer. So Pook....no I dont have everything I need.
This may sound like a smartass answer, but have you tried talking to your friend that found them in the trash??? :confused: He might have the best idea on how to equip them, as he was nearby when they were made. Chances are they're not one-off customs as they're... well... wheel spacers and not that hard to produce. Call your friend and see what's up... <two cents>

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I already did that and he said that he could not remember and would have to look at them Sunday.....when the parts stores are closed! I was wanting to get some studs tomorrow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
"get out the tape measure, a wheel and some common sense." :shaking:

that is ALL you should need to know, then go into the parts store with one of the spacers and figure out which will work based on what you came up with (length, diameter) and what will press into the spacers. you may end up with SAE threads if you want it tomorrow, so you may have to buy some new lugnuts ...think on the edge of the box

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ryan what part of "not finished" did you "not finish" reading?????????????

The are not completely milled yet and need a little time chucked up probably. There is no place to press them into. If I could just get a fucking pic of the backside of a spacer I would be golden. NEED TO KNOW HOW FAR TO COUNTERSINK THE NEW STUD..........THAT PART IS NOT MILLED/DRILLED INTO THE SPACER!!!!!!!!!!!:mad3:

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
ummmmm it depends on the studs you use. :shocked: and how much thread you need. They could be counterbored enough just to make the head flush so the wheel spacer sits flat against the wheel hub :D or if the studs aren't long enough they can be bored deeper till they are the right length...but if you think about it going to far might not be a good idea ;)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you stalking me:flipoff2:

The problem I am worried about is the depth of the counterbore. From what I saw searching around the longest 12mm stud(I think that is what the stock Yota is) was like 1.5"....well that aint gonna work.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
By the looks of mine and others I've had, they leave at least a 1/2" of material for the stud to be pressed into. Which would give you 1" of thread. Plenty for steel wheels I would think.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang that much huh? So you are saying coutersink from the backside like 1" and then .5" of material left around the stud and 1" sticking out?

So with that being said there is no way you can just countersink enuff for the stud "head" without going to like a 2.25-.50" SAE stud.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah but then are you gaining anything cause you are loosing more meat between that hole and the stock stud hole. And I know the head on those are huge. Fuck I dont know!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts