Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year or years did the wagoneer have dana 44's front and rear with the rear diff. centered and the front diff. driver side drop and had manual locking hubs?

I know that all the rear axles were centered in 1980 and later, and that 1980-1991 had driver side drop, and that 1980-1986 was when the amc20 was in the rear instead of the dana 44. But I don't know what years had manual locking hubs. So 1987-1991 are the years I'm looking for but I can't seem to find a wagoneer in these years that has manual locking hubs. Will I even find one?

I've searched as much as I can. Please help.

-Peter

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
you can swap locking hubs and an axle shaft into any waggy axle if it had the vaccum actuator. (sp)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know for sure 87-91 had both D44's front & rear (drivers side drop) and no vacuum disconnect.

I think (but not sure) the 86's also.

I've got a pair of 89's under my YJ.

I never knew any of them had manual locking hubs. Mine didn't.
I'm running Warm Hubs on mine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Janster said it right. I bought what I always remembered as an 86, but I got the registrations and title trasfer paper work in front of me, and it says 87. It had a front non vacume drivers drop D44 and a centered rear D44. The front had full time hubs in it but I've also swapped out to Warn premiums.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I run 73s. D44 f&r both diffs passenger offset.
Edit: Wrong Decade.

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
You're right, you're looking for 87+, but while they were available, chances are slim that you'll find manual hubs. This is not a problem, though, since converting the axle to manual hubs is a simple process... just buy new lockouts and replace the drive flanges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts