Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if doetsch shocks are made by another company and even on the same production line. Specifically I was wondering about the dt3000, are they just a racho 5000 with another name on them??? Also is anyone running these shocks? If so how do you like them?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I'm running them, and recommend them.

While I suspect that Rancho, Pro Crap, Doetsch, Rough Country, etc all have the shocks made by the same supplier, what's in them is different.

They last far longer then 5000's, and are softer...

While a 5000 is about a "5" on a 9000x, the DT3000 is around a "3"

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
not sure about the dt series but i was running their take apart coilovers and when i would send them in for rebuild they would turn around the work in 2 days. that would lead me to belive they at least do their high end shocks in house.

i don't know about the ones you mention but alot of the prerunner gus use their prerunn shock. it seems to have a big following.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well I cant answer your question however I have ran many shocks and I really like the DT much better .

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. They seem to be really well priced, even cheaper than rs5000's, which was making me kind of warry but maybe I'll give them a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts