Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking at buying a front axle from a 2006 F250 SuperDuty with a gas motor.
From the searching I have done here and from what I have read in the bible it looks like it'll be a D60 (not D50) with 35 spline inners and outers, ball joints and a short as hell driver side tube. Came with coils and radius arms from the factory and the radius arm mounts on the axle itself are not cast.

Is this all correct? I just want to make sure I am getting what I think I am getting with no doubt since it will be bought sight unseen and I have no way of looking at it before I do it.

Also, is there any issue with this axle that makes it a bad axle to beat on?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
IMO its a great axle other than the unit bearings.
Your info seems correct.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yup, anything 2005 and newer will be a 60.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
1999 - 2011 Ford Light Axle Parts List (Incl. Superduty)

There's a lot of yap on the interwebz regarding Superduty axles. Here is a link to Spicer's guide so people can look up a definitive answer regarding what they have/want to buy. It also lists proper replacement part numbers. The tables are organized by axle type and, then, by BOM #. I hope this helps...

http://www2.dana.com/pdf/X510-2.pdf

EDIT: Just a note to say that I'm adding this here with the hope that future searches will help people find this document.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts