Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question for the day..

I recall when I rebuilt my rear brakes on an 85 axle that the slave cylinder did not have clearance to be removed without removing the wheel bearing. It has been a while, and I was not all that concerned at the time. But now that I have a dead slave cylinder I'm wondering is it possible to just replace the whole slave without killing my good wheel bearing.

If not, I'll slap a rebuild kit on the existing one and see how it does. Hope to go wheeling this weekend.

Thanks,

-Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I couldn't get the wheel cyl out without a lot of work. There was a post last week with someone having the same problem. I don't know if they ever got it swaped.

good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
same prob removing wheel cylinder

i have beat and beat on the damn wheel cyl and it will not come out,,without unbolting the hub housing? i was gonna grind the back off the old wheel cylinder and try to get it out that way??? my rig is a 84 SR5,,and I JUST rebuilt the front and was woring my way to the back..and was going to bleed the brakes and the bleeder screw twisted off...so i am tryin to replace the right rear wheel cylinder.. any sugg

I AM ABOUT TO GET THE TORCH OUT.. :mad3:

I was also wondering if i might pull the front breaks off another 1984 yota that i have and put them on the rear of my truck,,?
just a thought :smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts