Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any precautions(I know about catching the carpet on fire! LOL)on welding on a TJ, I mean should I disco the ECU computer? I already know to disco the battery.

Ron

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I love it when newbies call other newbies dumbasses.. dumbass..

Disconnecting the battery is really all you have todo, typically this takes anything electrical out of the loop.. Just becarful when your welding for any hanging wires, fuel lines ore brake lines..

Other then that weld away..

(by the way it would have been nice to know what your welding..)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm a newbie? didn't know that...

or am I a dumbass??? not likely

I'm confused....

anyway, a more complete description of the welding job would have been helpful, there's nothing like folks who post questions that require questions to be asked....

anyway, no, you don't have to disconnect the battery, or the computer or anything like that, unless you are anal retentive...

just weld the fawkin thing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for the "newbie" thing, I've been into Jeeps for about 10 years and we been hangin' here for about a year or so. I really don't get time to post. Always wheeling or wrenchin'! Anyway, most of my "Jeep" knowledge involves older non-computerized Jeeps. And this weekend I'm fabbing some upper and lower control arm skids for the TJ.(Tired of straightening them out)

Just love the POR replies though! J/K I got my answer, Thanks Dudes!

Ron

WE "will always be a newbie" JEEPN

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: WEJEEPN ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Upper and lower control arm skids?
You mean the upper (frame end) mount of the lower control arms, right?
Curious to see what you come up with.
Me and a buddy trimmed and boxed my LCA frame end mounts with 1/4 inch.
The rear axle is Currie, and their LCA mounts have held up fine.
The front D30 (soon to be trashed any way - recently bent the housing) needed work - I boogered up the stock mounts so bad I had to cut them off and wend on some aftermarket ones, then box and skid those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.