Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Now it's the time to get a tire carrier to fit on my 36's, so i need your advices if you have a style I should go for, if you have any measurments which can make my job easier to build one.

What's a good paint or metal coating to use or apply what will withstand the abuse more than others?

It's gonna go on a 2000 TJ.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
rear bumper and tire carrier

pthorne on this board builds a sweet bumper, rack, tire carrier combo. I will contact him to see if he can post any pictures. He has built 5 or 6 of them so far and they seem to get better every time. He has built them for CJ's, YJ's and TJ's, all sweet.

one rack is currently holding a 37" MTR.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
sporttj, I too am interested in pics of his work. I am a little closer so I can stop by if he has something to look at.

·
Registered
79 Posts
here's what I did .....

bottom bumper is 2x5x3/16"

The hinge is 1.5" solid round bar with a 2.5"x0.5" wall DOM tube sleeving it. I can get a sketch of it if you wish.

Swing out is 2x2x1/8"

My 35" spare should come to just about een with the middle of the bottom 2x2 on the swing out.

here is the link doen't work ... http://nas6f.freewebspace.com/photo.html

·
Registered
79 Posts
Swing out is 2x2x1/8"

I had people tell me this wasn't thick enough. Once that thing was welded together .... its plenty strong. I also have a gusset on the piece that goes b/t the round plate with the studs and the carrier. Check out the other pics on the link.

This thing it stout and not all that heay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My buddy pthorne is out of commission for a couple of days. He's driving up to Oregon to pick up a motor for his jeep. I talked with him today and he will probably post some picks this weekend.

·
Registered
806 Posts
hey dude i am also looking for a rear with tire carrier.i liked the big daddys one but i had a lot of problems with they sister company TAR HELL in charlotte north carolina and would not put it on the jeep if they paid me to....:flipoff2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts