Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The KOH frenzy has started, now it's my turn to make racers aware of how much their help is needed. We had a great response last year, we need even more help this year.

Stock, modified, KOH qualified, even LCQ contestants are welcome to help. KOH doesn't happen without volunteers.

Shaun Bootsma is looking for volunteers for all day assignments, I'm looking for racers that can help out for a few hours. Some of what we are going to do is give Shauns volunteers some time off. Remember, those volunteers are donating their time to you, giving you a chance to race. Working a few hours seems a small price to pay for the opportunity they are giving us.

None of what we do is difficult, or strenuous, basically we keep spectators off the race course. There is one perk for the racers that will be available Sunday, during the modified race. More information on that later.

Please include your name, and any crew, family, or friends names that wish to help. Your car number, and what day/days you will be available also please.

Lets show the volunteers that we do respect what they do for us, giving back feels good.

Thank you, Gene.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gene,

Not sure on our schedule down there yet.....but I will find ya down there and do what I can between keeping our rigs ready to race.

Brent
BNS fabrication

·
Registered
390 Posts
Gene, myself and at least four of my guys(and girl) from Texas will be available for whatever again exept for day we LCQ and the main race (when we make it). Just let me know-Shawn

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
look folks------ i'm 70+ years old, and EVERY year i'm out working road crossings, working the start/finish, helping with 'crowd control' and where ever i can fit in and lend a helping hand-----

it is something to be able to say=== 'i was there'-----i made it to KOH !!!

but then -- to be able to say------' I WAS A PART OF KOH ! ', thats something better !!!!!

and if you don't say hello---- i'm gonna be pissed !!!!

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Brent, we can work together to fit you in when you're available.

Shawn, it's good to hear that you, and your crew want to help again, way to step up.

Krusty, you're one of the best. You're right, being part of KOH is better than saying " I was there", thank you for expressing that thought. See you on the lakebed.

Gene

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Gene count Bigelow Motorsports down for doing what we can do. Helped ya last year. Help ya again this year. I dont know the count or who's coming other than me and my Pops but if we're there. Count on us.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gene, we will be in to help again this year... We are racing the Parker 425 the week before and headed straight to the Lake Bed as long as the car is all good. Given this we will prob have to find you out there to help. I dont want to commit to a specific day just in case.

Nick

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Nick

You know what I look like, shouldn't be too hard to find. Thanks for your help at Backdoor last year, your a natural at crowd control.

Good luck at Parker, keep it together brother. You driving the single seater?

Gene

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Stan for helping last year, and volunteering to help again, you know I can't do it without you.

Thanks Jake, Looking forward to seeing you, and the rest of the comedy team. I'll see if I can get you another "desk" job, be well my friend.

Gene

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks Nick

You know what I look like, shouldn't be too hard to find. Thanks for your help at Backdoor last year, your a natural at crowd control.

Good luck at Parker, keep it together brother. You driving the single seater?

Gene

No Im up here in Co at Jimmys, were building my new car now. I might start a thread soon. Thanks Gene see you out there!

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.