Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
i personally plate the frame where the sliders mount
If the tube lands right in the middle of the frame, then yes. As it is in that Pic, it's spanning the whole frame. I did my Sliders on my 4runner the exact same way, except I didn't do the gussets. I beat the fuck out of them, especially with how low it was and never had an issue. The truck I'm doing now also has the entire exo tied into those Sliders. It won't be an issue.

As far as the debate on the gusset. Anything is better than nothing, but a simple gusset is more or less moving the failure point back. This may be enough for some, but a racing rig, I'd personally go further.

A few years back I read a thread where Carl jantz was building a frame from scratch for his jeep. He explained how he was actually going to make the top and bottom of the frame thicker. I don't know if I can put it in words are good as he did, but think about an I beam. In order for it to bend, it has to compress and/or stretch the thickest part.

My point is that I would plate the bottom of the frame right there, much further back, then add a gusset.

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
If the tube lands right in the middle of the frame, then yes. As it is in that Pic, it's spanning the whole frame. I did my Sliders on my 4runner the exact same way, except I didn't do the gussets. I beat the fuck out of them, especially with how low it was and never had an issue. The truck I'm doing now also has the entire exo tied into those Sliders. It won't be an issue.

As far as the debate on the gusset. Anything is better than nothing, but a simple gusset is more or less moving the failure point back. This may be enough for some, but a racing rig, I'd personally go further.

A few years back I read a thread where Carl jantz was building a frame from scratch for his jeep. He explained how he was actually going to make the top and bottom of the frame thicker. I don't know if I can put it in words are good as he did, but think about an I beam. In order for it to bend, it has to compress and/or stretch the thickest part.

My point is that I would plate the bottom of the frame right there, much further back, then add a gusset.

im sure yours will be perfectly fine, i just do it for the extra strength and to spread the load out not just to the top and bottom but width wise also

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Cool evolution. I probably missed it, but what are the braided hoses on the passenger bedside going over the fender?

edit, nm, I assume propane lines

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
As long as you have the FI in pieces, send the injectors out for servicing. These guys have been doing it a long time, I'm sure there are others, but they're the only ones I've ever used.

https://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
:laughing:

hey, all publicity is good publicity :rasta:

281 - 300 of 311 Posts