Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been building automatic transmissions shifters for Jeep AW4 and Toyota A340's for over 7yrs and now are making them to fit GM Th350, 400 trans. We also are starting to make stand alone manual shift control setups for GM 4L60e, 4L80e and a tapshift kit for Winters shifters for the 6L80e trans.
All of our shifters feature stops for all fwd gears while easy shifting to reverse for those quick changes in direction when needed. Check out the FB page or the website RADesigns Products for much more information.
If you don't see exactly what you need contact us and ask there is always something new on the design table.
Here are some samples but there is much more.

·
NERD
8,562 Posts
Can I get a quote for 4l60e/4l65e and 6l80e?

Would you be willing to help put together a paddle shifter behind the steering wheel? Forward gears only, for easier shifting going through the rough and keeping both hands on teh wheel.

Thanks!

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just uploaded the new website, better lay out and easier to find things. Beside our line of shifters we now are a Transgo and Winters dealer so we can supply all your shifting needs. Let me know what you need I can order it if not in stock, focus now is on Jeep, Toyota and GM trans. Th350, Th400, for the 4L60E, 4L80E and 6L80e's we can add electrical shift control to the shifters.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I have a 30RH transmission that is currently a column shift. Really want to change this out to a floor shifter. That being said, will one of your AW4 shifters work with my transmission?

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 30RH transmission that is currently a column shift. Really want to change this out to a floor shifter. That being said, will one of your AW4 shifters work with my transmission?
PM Sent

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Rory good to hear from you. I will still need that F1 4speed from you eventually, lots of life been slowing the build but I'm still on track.
Also to mention I like your snow wheeling vids.

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Black Friday or Holiday sales, just keeping the orders going out the door. Been an outstanding sales year. So thank you all.
Parts in stock for all RADesigns Products and a good selection of Winters Shifters for many makes as well as Transgo shift improver kits. Visit the website and check it out, email or call.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks for the awesome shifter!

Put one in the 4848 Baby Bomber with a DI 4.3 and 6L80. In the video you can see Randy drop the shifter into tap location and tap it over for a second gear launch & climb. In first gear the car was just blowing the tires off and would not get traction.

VIDEO CLICK

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WE Rock Cedar City

I have a few guy running my shifter setups in competition in the Western WE Rock series I went to this weekend. Uriel Varela in Pro Mod, Shane Luenz and Colton Cook in Sportsman A. All running a Winters shifter with my Control Kit setup on their AW4/A340's. Check them out.
#makingshiftinggreatagain

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm in the market for a shifter for my aw4. was looking at the rock shifter. why is it setup to go from 3rd to reverse? Maybe i'm having a total brain fart, but i think i'd want my shifter to go from 1st directly into R? I'm afraid of slamming into park or neutral when saving from a flip, but i tend to be in low low everything when climbing waterfalls and such.. or for instance the exit at Penrose.

Do you mind essplainin to me a little bit? I'm researching shifting options as we speak, and will be purchasing in 2 weeks. Thanks!

·
Shift to the Best
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in the market for a shifter for my aw4. was looking at the rock shifter. why is it setup to go from 3rd to reverse? Maybe i'm having a total brain fart, but i think i'd want my shifter to go from 1st directly into R? I'm afraid of slamming into park or neutral when saving from a flip, but i tend to be in low low everything when climbing waterfalls and such.. or for instance the exit at Penrose.

Do you mind essplainin to me a little bit? I'm researching shifting options as we speak, and will be purchasing in 2 weeks. Thanks!
The AW4 is electric controlled for 1st thru 4th. So you need to address that first if you haven't already. The idea of the Rock is you have a shift controller in 1st(Rail or Baja), the Rock in the D position and can do the 1st to Rev thing, bammm! Does this help? Now the Rock 2 & 1 gear positions are for down hill compression braking. Drop the Rock into 1 and the Rail/Baja in 1st and creep down the mountain.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts