Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
The AW4 is electric controlled for 1st thru 4th. So you need to address that first if you haven't already. The idea of the Rock is you have a shift controller in 1st(Rail or Baja), the Rock in the D position and can do the 1st to Rev thing, bammm! Does this help? Now the Rock 2 & 1 gear positions are for down hill compression braking. Drop the Rock into 1 and the Rail/Baja in 1st and creep down the mountain.

I haven't done anything with my aw4 yet, is that something your product addresses as well?

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I haven't done anything with my aw4 yet, is that something your product addresses as well?
So for the 4spd auto swap, this applies to several makes. You need to be able to do two things, first control the shift solenoids since you will probably be without a TCM. Second have a mechanical floor shifter.

The Rail and Baja shift controllers will control the shift solenoids.

The Rock shifter I make for the AW4 is an gated D to R floor shifter. This allows any forward gear to reverse shifting and not have to touch the shift controller.

The Winters shifter with my Control Kit installed gives you both shifters/units in one. I also can modify the shift plate for the AW trans for a quicker to reverse shift pattern, it's called the Rock Gate Mod. There are a few WE Rock competitors using this setup in their crawlers.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
best shifters on the market. i got my aw4 winters with shift controllers installed in a few weeks ago with super fast shipping.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So the info on your website is not super clear to me so a few quick questions. All are related to how the winters setup will work with a 6l80e

1) It looks like you block off the 1st and 2nd positions. Does this mean 4th is "drive" and the 3rd position you tap the shifter side to side to move 1st - 6th?

2) Can the shift gate be modified so you can easily slam it into reverse from any of the forward gears?

3) Ive seen little digital indicators for what gear are you in, do you offer something like this or will your shifter work with any of them. Is this something thats completely independent and hooked into the transmission harness?

Thank in advance!

·
Registered
152 Posts
So the info on your website is not super clear to me so a few quick questions. All are related to how the winters setup will work with a 6l80e

1) It looks like you block off the 1st and 2nd positions. Does this mean 4th is "drive" and the 3rd position you tap the shifter side to side to move 1st - 6th?

2) Can the shift gate be modified so you can easily slam it into reverse from any of the forward gears?

3) Ive seen little digital indicators for what gear are you in, do you offer something like this or will your shifter work with any of them. Is this something thats completely independent and hooked into the transmission harness?

Thank in advance!

Here is what I use for a gear indicator. Works great. Plugs into the OBD port

http://www.speartech.com/6L80gearindicator_p/6lgearindicator.htm

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Thank in advance!
4th is D and 3 is TUTD, this is set in the TCM tune.

I don't do that gate mod. Try it.

Speertech or others work great, they plug into the OBD II port from what I know.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts