Pirate 4x4 banner

Radiator for 350 in CJ/YJ

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  usmcdoc14 
I started with the Mepco 3 core, high efficiency one......not enough. Restricts air flow too much.

Then went to their 4 core. That helped. Was using a flex fan, didn't work. Went to dual 10" electrics with custom shroud....no good (worked good idling, very poor on the freeway and streets). Went to stock CJ fan with fixed blades and a fan clutch. Worked good, but needed a shroud. then made a custom shroud for it and has worked AWESOME.

BTW: I live in Phoenix where it gets to 110F regularly in the summers. I daily drive it. The highest temps I've seen is 210F and that is running down the freeway (4.56 gears and an auto with no overdrive). I run a carbureted 350 and an auto tranny.

Friend has a 2 core aluminum with his vortec 350 in his CJ7. He runs a 16" pusher electric in the front and a stock fixed blade fan (no shroud) on the motor side. I would say his is the best of all worlds. Works even better than mine. His runs 190F (thrmostat setting) no matter what he is doing.

That is my experience..............take it for what it is worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.