Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chevys, may be you help a Jeeper again.

I just want to build in a chevy radiotor out of a '89 Pickup in my Jeep with a 5.7 SB. I never have seen where the original hoses are connected. The upper and lower connections are no problem, but the little one on the left side,( when standing in front. )
Is this for the heating or what is this used for ?

Bengt

PS: The radiator is with transmission cooling.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are the heater hoses connected. From the front engine outlet (hot water) with a Y-Piece to the radiator outlet and heater outlet. The back engine outlet (cold water) to the second heater outlet ?????????

Bengt

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ive seen three configurations
Intake manifold to heater/heater to water pump.
Intake manifold to heater/heater to radiator.
Intake manifold to heater/heater to water pump and radiator.
Both my old chevys have the first configuration. Dont really know what one works best but I know you want heat wheeling in Germany in the winter.:D

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you !

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Mine was originally hooked up with the heater returning to the radiator. A few years ago when I had to DD the truck during the winter for a couple months, I switched it so it returned to the water pump instead, I was trying to get the motor to heat up faster and retain more heat, so the heater would work better. It seemed to help out.

Pete

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I will prefer the "little water circuit". That means the hot water engine outlet is connected to the heater, the colder water leaves the heater into the engine(waterpump) back again.
The radiator link will be used für a thermostat, that can start a electric fan I want to install to replace the original.

Bengt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.