Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 yj and the radiator is leaking out of the top. It doesnt do it often but when it just sits there after i drive it then it starts to come out. this mean a new radiator or what could i do?

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Does it come from the cap? Ok, You have several options here....and I would try them in order:

1. Move this question to Newbie section.
2. Shoot yourself in the foot.
3. Go to (insert auto parts store).
4. See number 2--Other foot.
5. Buy new Radiator cap.

:D :flipoff2:

Seriously though, where is it coming from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is comming from the top of the radiator where the upper hose conects. The piece the sits on top of the radiator it looks like it is slids on there under the clips. it is comming from there. not the cap.

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
radiators are cheap these days. You can get one to fit your jeep for around $100. Not worth trying to repair it.

btw. if you have a 4banger, go ahead and buy the 4.0 radiator, it mounts the same and you'll have the benefits of a larger radiator.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Guys, I think he's talking about the over flow, not the upper rad hose. If it's the small tube about the size of a straw you may be ok. Could be as simple as too much fluid. I agree, though, you should move this to the newbie tech area or flames may be headed your way:D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
How can you guys even understand his jiberish:confused: I would take it to someone who knows what a rad. cap and hose are then have them check those first.

·
Registered
286 Posts
GPN Family said:
How can you guys even understand his jiberish:confused: I would take it to someone who knows what a rad. cap and hose are then have them check those first.

....I told you you'd get flamed!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
buy a hose clamp and a flathead, then go to town. you might be surprised!!! :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts