Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Racing
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the standard freqs like BFG Relay, Weather Man, etc, and the two Pirate freqs (Team Pirate Primary 151.970, Team Pirate Secondary 153.215), will we need any other freqs loaded in our radios for this years race?

I'm going to see if PCI can add any additional freqs that we'll be using, to my radios at the Off-Road Expo this weekend.

- Adam

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Same freqs as year's past. We need to get 4454's radio programmed with the Pirate frequencies though!

edit - All chase teams need to make sure their radios have the following programmed into them - Team Pirate Primary 151.970, Team Pirate Secondary 153.215

Jeepspeed is using 153 and 4454 will use 151.

·
D-FENS
2,387 Posts
151.715 BFG Relay
151.395 BFG Pits
151.625 Weatherman

Are there any options for radios that you can program without software or just dial in a frequency? Last year, we decided to assist with chase for Torchmate 7 truck guys before the race. The radio I borrowed did not have their freq in it, so I was never able to contact them, but knew they were close by needing assistance. I'm currently planning on getting a F121 from PCI, but this radio does not have this capability.

·
33,755 Posts
151.715 BFG Relay
151.395 BFG Pits
151.625 Weatherman

Are there any options for radios that you can program without software or just dial in a frequency? Last year, we decided to assist with chase for Torchmate 7 truck guys before the race. The radio I borrowed did not have their freq in it, so I was never able to contact them, but knew they were close by needing assistance. I'm currently planning on getting a F121 from PCI, but this radio does not have this capability.
My radio is a "hacked" HAM radio. I can dial frequencies in manually, but it's a slow process.

The PCI stuff is nice, but I like the flexibility of the HAM units. The modifications required to open up most radios can be found online.

·
D-FENS
2,387 Posts
What brand/model do you have? Do you also have the ability to program pre-sets? Your other post sounds like it. I've seen the directions online, but I've also read the weatherman speaks. I would like to have the flexibility, but don't want to give up performance for it. I take it from your sig you are a HAM operator?

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
I use the icom V8000, great chase radio.

·
33,755 Posts
What brand/model do you have? Do you also have the ability to program pre-sets? Your other post sounds like it. I've seen the directions online, but I've also read the weatherman speaks. I would like to have the flexibility, but don't want to give up performance for it. I take it from your sig you are a HAM operator?
Yes, pre-sets can be programmed in. I will be using 98blacktj's Kenwood while in Baja, so I really don't know what options he has available. I know he's going to try to have the freq's we use programmed into the radio for me before I pick up the truck.

Yes, I am a HAM technician.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts