Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I either want to trade my radiobox or buy a cargo bed outright from someone...Anyone got any ideas? I like the radiobox but would probably be better off with a cargobox. I am willing to purchase outright if need be. I would like to have the canvas and stuff as well. Also interested in a rebuilt transmission and a canvas top for the cab as well. Thanks for a great board and I have been reading for some time. thanks, bryan

·
Registered
163 Posts
I took my cargo bed off, if your willing to drive to north tx we can work out a deal. Look at my website under the Gilmer pics for what the bed looks like, I don't know if its what you are looking for, its a troop carrier bed, and I have the spreader bars for it too.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
unless your trying to be authentic then why trade or buy. Just take a sazall and cut all but a foot and a half off the top of the box and whalla.... you got a bed.

Cut it lower whalla.. you got a flat bed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhh, that is a little too ugly for me.

I also hate to cut up a perfectly good box when I could buy another one. I don't really mind having both

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Re: uhh, that is a little too ugly for me.

65radiobox said:
I also hate to cut up a perfectly good box when I could buy another one. I don't really mind having both
I would like to have both too. I "think" that the attachment system is different from box and bed. Not sure if the chassis can take either or with out some modifications.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,
I am also in the process of trading my box for a flatbed or just flat out buying a flat bed... I may buy a flatbed and modify the bottom of the radiobox, so I can up load and down load fast. I had a couple of people in line to trade me for my box, all fell through??? I want to do some heavy off-roading, its hard in a radiobox... So I will buy a flatbed... Let me know if anyone has one for sale....
mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys,

FWIW, I have a flat bed I am looking to get rid of. It is on a parts Mog I bought. It is very well built. It has open sides that do not move. The deck is steel plate. The rear has a hitch on a lowered section like a tractor trailer. It is in Rochester, NY but I have the ability to transport it. I was gonna put it on Ebay for a $100. Let me know if anyone is interested. I only have a partial pic right now. I put it in my yahoo folder.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/yobo150/lst?

Tom Meisch
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
T Meisch said:
Hey guys,

snip..... Let me know if anyone is interested. I only have a partial pic right now. I put it in my yahoo folder.

Tom Meisch
Rochester, NY
Letting you know I'm interested. Consider it sold if it uses the same mounting system as a radio box. Im in OH so Im probably closest to you as well.

Can you get me pictures of the mounting system on it please.

Pmed and emailed ya as well.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
chevysunimog said:
Good catch Coach!!!!
I 2nd it if coach dosen't get it.........
mike
Timing is everything. Usually my timing SUKSSSS big eggs.

Looks like this one does not have the 3-point swiveling system like the radio box does but it may still serve my utility purposes fine. I wont go Moggging with it on most likely anyway, just hauling stuff. Mogging will be done when camping with radio box. It has been my plans all along for a switchable option of around town flat bed switched with camper unit/Radio Box for Moggin trips.

ohhh speaking of camper unit/radio boxes..... check this one out. Awesome craftsmanship.

http://www.dehesa4x4.com/dehesa/BlairsMog/3.11.03/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts