Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'81 fullsize Bronco to replace the radius arm bushings on the frame side am I going to have to take the radius arm off of the axle as well. to put the new ones on?

Normally I wouldn't be asking such a question I'd jsut jump in and get to it. But last weekend I was in an accident rear ended then once I got out of my vehicle I was ran over by the kid that rear ended me and bending my knee is an issue right now.

I myself will not be doing the bushing replacement itslef just more or less supervising my father in law while its being done. I already have the parts among some others that needed to be replaced and in turn for use of my Bronco he's going to install everything on it for me :D I'm just looking for a heads up is all.

no biggie if they need to come off the axle it would and will be easier if they don't less time consuming all in all thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
The radius arm doesnt need to come off, but you will have to grind, torch, or drill the rivets holding the bracket to the frame, and re-bolt it on when you get done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If the radius arm bracket is bolted on, then just un bolt it and you are pretty much done...Otherwise you will need a grinder,air chisel, torch, or something similar to get the rivets out and then bolt it back up, either way it isnt that hard...

Brian...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys usually I would just do it myself and be done but given condition its not happening.

I was leaning that way just wanted to see if that was the best.
and no argueing between po-n-law and I on how its to be done not that we argue or anything I'm jsut a lil short tempered now since I been ran over by a damned car and all I think its the medication and it'll go a lot quicker this way as well just cut em off and put the new bushings in and bolt the junk back on my kind of work

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Maybe with longer coils and extended arms this isn't as big of a deal, but I just unbolt the radius arm at the frame bracket and roll the tire (rig still on the ground) forward until the arm comes out of the bracket. I then swap the bushings and roll the tire back and arm back into the bracket. It gets real tight just b4 the arm comes out of the bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts