Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure out which arm is right and which is left. on the shock mounts on the arms one tab is a little long on one side. does the long side go on the outside or inside?

also which way to the bottom coil buckets go, does the opening go to the outside or inside.

thanks

jeff

·
Registered
92 Posts
radius arms I am not sure about.
The opening on the lower piece of the coil bucket goes to the outside(toward tire)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I did not know Ford made arm's that were different. I don't have a clue what you are working on but the EB's and the early trucks that I have delt with all of the arm's are the same.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Radius arms don't have a left and a right, its the same arm

·
Registered
106 Posts
The arms do not differ from side to side, but the coil bucket mounting hole is different from EB's to Trucks. The EB that I have has a smaller bucket and the holes are closer together.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah they are pretty much identical except for the shock mount on the arm. one side stick ups about a 1/4 inch taller. I guess that doesnt matter much anyway though

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The only diffrence left/right I have seen, is the shock mounts. And this is only on some trucks. Some trucks have the shock mounts both on the arm, behind the c-bushings. Others have one in front, one in back. Then others have quad shocks, one front and back on both arms. Of course the other diffrences have been mentioned, bolt spaceing on top. Also maybe an EB fullsize thing or new/old thing, there are two diffrent length bolts that hold them together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts