Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pro's and Con's of each and what you run and why? Thanks
Probably gonna get bent and twisted's extensions just cannot decide which ends to get them with. Thanks, JUDD
Also anyone using these had any bending problems? They look pretty stout, but you never know...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have found that hiems make a world of a diffrence with radius arms. More so if one is wristed. With the stock pancake style bushings, you tend to limit what your suspension can do. The busings are good enough for a mild non wristed lift, but soon, they will bind, and limit how mutch flex you can obtain. Hiems will give you smoother travel while flexing, they dont bind, and they allow a greater range of movement wich is perfect if you have a 3 link suspension design. When i changed over to hiems, i found that they freed up a good 6" of flex. To the point where coils are flexed out. *time for a limiting strap or coilovers now* Another option you can use, to avoid the road vibration that you gain with hiems *far to many people bitch about that* Is use the same style bushings that you use on your leafspring eyes. I forget what the hell thier called. They will allow the same vertical flex and movement that a hiem will give you. They just take up a little more space.
If you deside to stick with bushings, use Rubber, not poly bushings. Rubber is more squishy and allows a greater range of movement that that of poly bushings.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
look at the www.bcbroncos.com site they sell a bushing that is offset to so it is not bound up from the start. I say keep the bushings (I drive mine on the roas so I like the quieter bushings so I can hear the parts falling off)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
malkintent said:
i've got heim's on mine .
there's no noise on the road and you get better travel.

if you hear noise there to loose.

just my 2 cent
how old are they? I know most people like heims but I don't.
It's all personal preference IMO

·
Registered
138 Posts
I run Heim joints. I cant hear any noise over the TSL/SX's

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got mine from a round trac shop i don't know the brand i've had'em for about 4 years and 2500 street miles 3 years of trails.

the ri orbitals might be the way to go.
i like them.
but i'm happy for this year with the heims

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bentandtwisted.com is the websit, it doesn't have any pics though. There is a phone number with a helpful guy named Mike on the other line though. The rad arm extensions are around $120 for stock stud style or around $170 for those with 1" heims. Hope this helps, JUDD

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got mine from Speedway Motors . They have been in the Bronco for a little over a year. I think they were around $30 each for the 3/4 X 3/4

1 - 20 of 26 Posts