Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I'm trying to play "hero" for the hot barmaid down at my local pub...she drives a sweeet '67 Commando on 33's and was complaining about the steering on the freeway. We flipped the hood and there were two hardware store bolts in the joint just flopping around...one with no nut ( :eek: ) and NO RAG JOINT!!! Would have fallen apart at any moment...Yikes!

Anyway, I wouldn't let her drive it like that until I get that thing fixed. Hard to find parts??? I've been searching the web for an hour and nada. she's now without a car and I'm thinking there's no :beer: for me until it's fixed!

Where can I get a replacement rag joint for this ride? Any alternative make/model that would fit the bill? Local auto parts store???

Thank ya!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TexasBlake said:
the HELP! section of auto parts stores carries rag joints.

You could always pull the steering shaft and weld some ears for a steering u-joint if you cant' find a rag joints. Rag joints suck anyway.
I'm getting the impression that there's nothing about rag joints that are particular to make/model/year. I AM finding out TONS about the Commando crowd and steering modifications...including the u-joint conversion you're talking about...however...

Did I mention:

It's not my Jeep.
It's sitting in the parking lot behind the bar.
She's not driving it until it's fixed.
It's her only car.
She's really cute. :D

Looks like I'm going for the generic rag-joint section at my local parts store tomorrow unless there's something better (and just as quick) out there???

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get universal replacement rag joints at most parts stores. I used to have one on my 75 untill I went to the u-joint.--the Fatboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts