Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone raised the stock tank into the tub AND built a solid foundation for a rear seat ? Maybe put the seat on top of the tank ... Pictures please.... I'm planning on raising mine much like Geberhard has in his jeep but I would like to allow a kid to ride in the back stapped in on the trail...

·
11,307 Posts
J, I am finally installing my rear seat back, I will keep you posted. Will need the space for a baby car seat soon :D Basically I am skinning the Yj rear seatsand moving the mounts flush. Will be almost stadium seating, but good access for the baby. Plan may change if I can figure out a good way to setup a removable 4 point harness baby car seat instead :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Why not a cell behind the seat?

I would think stacking a seat on a raised tank would push the seat up rather high.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
i think you'd be better off building a cell to better use the available space in the stock location.

Although I can see how you could mount the seat to the tank fairly easily/safely.. i have a mental block that keeps saying *HELL NO I'm not gonna strap my kid to the gas tank! *

:laughing:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think you'd be better off building a cell to better use the available space in the stock location.

Although I can see how you could mount the seat to the tank fairly easily/safely.. i have a mental block that keeps saying *HELL NO I'm not gonna strap my kid to the gas tank! *

funny thing is that in the stock under the tub location the rear seat pretty much "sits" on the tank .. just under what MAYBE 1/8" material ???? I dunno.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

just add a parachute and think of it as a child safety ejection seat.......

seriously, if a gas tank explodes in a vehicle as small as a cherokee, it ain't gonna matter where the kid is sitting

·
11,307 Posts
J, also check out Tombraider's Jeep setup, pretty cool overall, a sunken cell behind the rera seat. I think if I had to do it again I may have considered that approach. I dig my setup for clearance though, as the next step i linking the Jeep up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts