Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
All of the studs on that corner shear-er'ed off. I think there is one in the air in that pic with the nut on it. :eek: :(

Edit: Maybe 2 of them.
nice eyes! I see them in that pic, great picture and amazing timing.

Rough season in the new car but it works better than I imagined. Loren was untouchable with his power so we know we need to improve in that department. The handling is incredible!

It's time to get to work testing for the Hammers. I'm usually burnt out at the end of the season but this year I'm so excited to get ready for KOH it's scary!

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Jasons rotor was steaming in the rocks after his wheel studs sheared off... Tough luck, but Jason was still in good spirits and having a blast

·
Registered
20 Posts
Transmission and transfer case

Me again,how about an overdrive transmission, they say they can build them to withstand wild horsepower. Then follow it up with an scs gearbox. Between the two should be able to get the gearing you need. No need to slow down, just go fast.

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
Me again,how about an overdrive transmission, they say they can build them to withstand wild horsepower. Then follow it up with an scs gearbox. Between the two should be able to get the gearing you need. No need to slow down, just go fast.
How about you take your ideas to the mud forum. :homer:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Im sure Jason does most his updates via Facebook, but for us who hate that place.....

what happened at KOH this year? i saw 3 wheel drive in the rocks, was that the killer?

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Im sure Jason does most his updates via Facebook, but for us who hate that place.....

what happened at KOH this year? i saw 3 wheel drive in the rocks, was that the killer?
I heard something about him getting sick?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

Hey Garrin. I think the suspension got really hot on the first lap and the front rebound started blowing through really quickly. Sort of my fault on setup. (I placed the rebound tube a little to high to catch it in the rebound bump zone) That caused the limit strap to stretch and the balls literally fell out of the CV.

This was after I had already ran to pit 2 to get a driveline after tapping a rock on the yoke and having the cap spit out. Then, I thought it would help the batteries to winch Jack with the fan's off and while I was out winding the cable back in, it overheated enough to lose the water and I couldn't legally find a way to replenish the system with enough fluid to keep it out of limp mode. Had I just ran to main pit and back I could have finished but I kept thinking a little more pee might be enough. This led to a comical situation where the course workers wanted to know if I was okay and I said I was out of water and out of pee...they called the EMT's thinking I was dehydrated:) I was fine, just bummed. Car was SO GOOD in the desert and amazing in the rocks it's just a shame it's never had the finish it deserved. Going to moth-ball it until KOH next year.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts