Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting Ram Assist Steering on my 90 with a V-6. You have to change the oil pan and windage tray. Here is a shot of the new windage tray and pickup

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
OOP'S, So the oil pan is from the 3.4 t100, what about the windage tray and pic up? Are they from the same? If not, what? This is going to be one of my next upgrades and I want to put my ram in the same spot, so any help would be great!! By the way I really dig the flames thats a nice touch:grinpimp:

Thanks CJ

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TablerockToy said:
OOP'S, So the oil pan is from the 3.4 t100, what about the windage tray and pic up? Are they from the same? If not, what? This is going to be one of my next upgrades and I want to put my ram in the same spot, so any help would be great!! By the way I really dig the flames thats a nice touch:grinpimp:

Thanks CJ
Every thing is from a two wheel drive T-100. Ony one bolt hole is there that you can use. Yoy have to drill and tap the main bearing griddle for the other four. Some have just drilled the two for the oil pickup and said that was good because they said it as a bitch to drill and tap. I had no problem so I went ahead and did all four. Started with a real sharp 1/8th bit, slow speed and then drilled the tap size hole. If you do a search on ram assist you will find the PN's for the parts. I did not get the dipstick and tube, I am using the old one. I think all the parts ran about $160

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice FLAMES! Maybe we can get a pic of that on the trail upside down :eek:

How the hell can I mount up a ram without getting new steering arms?????????????????

The have been great but they seem a little long now. The arms are about 2-3 years old so they are some of the first hy-steer arms.

Attachments

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
woody99 said:
Nice FLAMES! Maybe we can get a pic of that on the trail upside down :eek:

How the hell can I mount up a ram without getting new steering arms?????????????????

The have been great but they seem a little long now. The arms are about 2-3 years old so they are some of the first hy-steer arms.
Same way I am doing it, My arms are at least 4 years old. I have the 2nd Hy-Steer that Marlin sold and the arm are AP welded arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
I will give it a shot but I think it will still end up with some sort of angle. I really want it nearly parallel to the tie rod if I can.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Booger Weldz said:
i like the tierod mount!
I was going to get the AP mount the Chris showed a while back and said it could be had for $45. When I called last week to order it the price had gone up to $85. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
OOP'S said:
Putting Ram Assist Steering on my 90 with a V-6. You have to change the oil pan and windage tray
Or lose the 3.0 :flipoff2: I'm sure I'll still have a hard time fitting it under the 4.3.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Looks good. For a final check just cycle the front axle
stop-to-stop and see if all clears and works smoothly.

Jay

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lemoore-on said:
Hey Dave, Are you gonna use the stock Toy pump?
Yea I am going to try it. The guy that owns West Texas Offroad (I think his name is Matt) said it should work.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts