Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 77 f25o high boy with that hydrolic ram steering set up it begening too go bad on me. I would like too upgrade too a standerd box and tie rod drag link set up any ideas as too what too use would help thank you all. Does a 78 later box bolt on looks close im wondering bout the radiator weather or no it will fit.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The late '77 through '79 box is not a direct mount but makes a perfect replacement/upgrade. I used this box on my '69 F-250 when I converted it to P/S. I took a 1/4" plate and drilled it for the mounting holes and then boxed the frame with it. Welded the mounting nuts on the inside of this plate before welding it to the frame. I also plated the outside of the framerail with 1/4". The only hassle was making the adjustable draglink. I was able to round up all the parts I needed at the local NAPA. Good luck with the conversion. It was one of the best things I did to the '69! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

on the 69 did the shaft from the steering column work for you and if so witch collumn the 77 and later or the original?

·
Registered
465 Posts
At the time of the conversion I replaced the shaft with a Borgesen piece. I used the original column. You would probably be able to use yours with some modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts