Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running a ramjet350 on my 70 chevy K10 and am having nothing but problems with this setup.

I have had this at a local fuel injection shop in order to have the ECU reprogrammed as the factory curves had no correction for altitude and the truck consumed gas at an exorbitant rate (5mpg). I am curious if anyone has tried some other ECM's on the ramjet engine?

Long story short I am starting to look at other fuel delivery systems and am looking for some input, I will most likely keep the long block of the engine and pull the manifold and harness.

Any input here?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
What year is the Ramjet? A newer one should have MEFI 4 which will take an initial baro reading when starting which would compensate for the altitude at that point and it also is capable of running closed loop which would likewise be able to compensate for altitude. I'm not sure of the compatibility of the newer stuff with older components. Getting something that is closed loop capable is going to be the first step. Anything else is just an overly complicated carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts