Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two of these setting here forsale, only one is forsale take your pick which serial number either #146 or #54.

This is an all Aluminum Big Block fuel injected 454. Everything is complete, all paperwork and documentation showing the serial number.

These were limited production by General Motors in 2004, having only produced 200 in a one time only limited run. We are fortunate to have used these in several builds/rods and fortunate enough to have one of the only three validation engines that still exist.

I realize this is your typical buggy mill, but it is :smokin: in a rod/muscle car.

$24K obo

I've got pictures and all that mess, hit me at the shop if you've got any questions or offers; 336.595.3900 -steve.

or [email protected]

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you cannot buy one of these from SUMMIT. You can buy one of these from me or possibly a dealership, but never could have ever bought one from SUMMIT.

BUMP.

Steve

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
sweet engines, I just do not think there are very many people on here that would be willing to spend that much cash for an engine. Sweet engine none the less, wish I could afford one. May want to try posting on racingjunk.com might be able to move them easier.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah there are some pretty deep pockets over there.And they want that kind of bragging rights, to say look how much I spent , on my car !!!

·
Registered
34,863 Posts
you dug up a 2 month old 4sale add to insult somebody:confused::laughing:

No. I saw the the ZL1's for sale in the link in hoodrichxj's sig and it directed my to this thread. I was hoping to score a smokin' deal for my '69 Camaro, but the ZL1's are out of my budget range. I didn't look to see how old the thread was since the engines are in his sig line as for sale.

I quoted and responded to mudbilly's post that stated (and I paraphrase) that some deep pocket guys wanted bragging rights to how much they spent on their cars.

Could it be that gearheads of every economic strata just want a cool ass ZL1 mill in their ride? That was my point.

Where was the insult? Please point it out to me and I'll apologise.

What you say mudbilly, do I owe you any apology?

Here's car in question. It's a '69 Camaro. The previous owner added the Z/28 badging. It's got a 425 horse small block in it now, but I want an all aluminum big block. I just don't want to spend more on the big block than I have spent on the entire car.

I'm one of those guys that never had shit. I like to brag how cheap I get stuff for. The Camaro set me back $14,500 so far. I love a smokin' deal!

·
Registered
34,863 Posts
:shaking: Could be they want a sweet all aluminum engine.
I'll take the high road.

mudbilly, I'm sorry I said that some guys on the Racing Junk site might want a sweet aluminum engine for the sake of having a sweet aluminum engine. My intent was not to offend you. I go to Racing Junk. A Lot of my gearhead and racing buddies go to Racing Junk. There are some killer deals to be had there on cars, parts, haulers and the like.
I'm sure some guys there want to spend as much money as possible so that they can brag how much they've spent. I hope those guys see the ads that I'm going to place to sell a few spare muscle cars.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
No. I saw the the ZL1's for sale in the link in hoodrichxj's sig and it directed my to this thread. I was hoping to score a smokin' deal for my '69 Camaro, but the ZL1's are out of my budget range. I didn't look to see how old the thread was since the engines are in his sig line as for sale.

I quoted and responded to mudbilly's post that stated (and I paraphrase) that some deep pocket guys wanted bragging rights to how much they spent on their cars.

Could it be that gearheads of every economic strata just want a cool ass ZL1 mill in their ride? That was my point.

Where was the insult? Please point it out to me and I'll apologise.

What you say mudbilly, do I owe you any apology?

Here's car in question. It's a '69 Camaro. The previous owner added the Z/28 badging. It's got a 425 horse small block in it now, but I want an all aluminum big block. I just don't want to spend more on the big block than I have spent on the entire car.

I'm one of those guys that never had shit. I like to brag how cheap I get stuff for. The Camaro set me back $14,500 so far. I love a smokin' deal!

insult was the shaking head:shaking:

a non insult reply is this

:smokin:Could be they want a sweet all aluminum engine.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Did you like the Camaro?:flipoff2:

:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

How you build that so cheap?:grinpimp:

people here want
$2k burned up shell
$4 k bare shell
5-7 for complkete needs restored:shaking:

thx barret jackson auction for driving up prices, everyone thx there shit is gold:flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,863 Posts
How you build that so cheap?:grinpimp:
I just got a killer deal. If you want a good deal on a car go to the small local shows. This guy had a loan on the car and wanted to get his equity out. The car was done when I bought it. I see great deals at the small local shows all the time. I saw a very nice '69 big block SS clone last year for 18k (asking price). It was such a steal that I wanted to buy it and resell it to make a few bucks but I didn't have anywhere to store it.

hoodrichxj,
sorry for the complete threadjack but I hope you see it as one big TTT. If you want the posts deleted just say the word.......

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got a killer deal. If you want a good deal on a car go to the small local shows. This guy had a loan on the car and wanted to get his equity out. The car was done when I bought it. I see great deals at the small local shows all the time. I saw a very nice '69 big block SS clone last year for 18k (asking price). It was such a steal that I wanted to buy it and resell it to make a few bucks but I didn't have anywhere to store it.

hoodrichxj,
sorry for the complete threadjack but I hope you see it as one big TTT. If you want the posts deleted just say the word.......
1. The local small town guys flipping these cars are as much to blame for the high prices as Barrett-Jackson, where good cars continue to sell for good money period (the prices clearly reflect my point).

2. Not a problem on the detour, the engines are still forsale anyways!:smokin:

-Steve

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
1. The local small town guys flipping these cars are as much to blame for the high prices as Barrett-Jackson, where good cars continue to sell for good money period (the prices clearly reflect my point).

2. Not a problem on the detour, the engines are still forsale anyways!:smokin:

-Steve
I know there are a few guys on here with that kind of money ( not me ) might try some JEEP boards too, they tend to have the $$$ b& some want that extra that sets there jeep apart from all the others:smokin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts