·
Registered
4,420 Posts
real nice!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Finished it up this morning. Moved the filler in a tad, (may still adjust it, but at least now its under the cage)

No body had a big enough piece of aluminum today, so that will be a project for another day. The current bulk head leaves about a 2" gap

Spare still fits nice:

So this installment is done. Ready to hit some trails. Next big project is body work I think. (oh and big tires some day!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
What years can I use that Grand Cherokee tank from? Is there a difference between the 2 different body styles?:confused: Moving that tank probably helped flatten the belly of the truck a bunch.:eek: Thanks again for all the tech on your truck.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Dodgzilla said:
What years can I use that Grand Cherokee tank from? Is there a difference between the 2 different body styles?:confused: Moving that tank probably helped flatten the belly of the truck a bunch.:eek: Thanks again for all the tech on your truck.:smokin:
Mine is from a '98, I think '97 is the same.

I would hesitate to use the newer BS since they had the 4.7, and I don't know if they have the same fuel requirements as the old Magnum MPFI.

When I was tarping it up yesterday (snow/rain moving in) I was underneath it and I can't believe how much less junk there is now. The new crossmember also helps, the bottom of the truck doesn't look near as bad as before. I even had to removed the e-brake brackets as they were now the low point. :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Is the fuel pump in the tank you got the same as what is in the dodges as far as the plug for the wiring goes? Also does it look like the tank would fit between the frame rails where the spare tire goes? I am wanting to link my rear axle but I am not sure what to do for a gas tank and I would rather not put one in the bed if I dont have to.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Is the fuel pump in the tank you got the same as what is in the dodges as far as the plug for the wiring goes? Also does it look like the tank would fit between the frame rails where the spare tire goes? I am wanting to link my rear axle but I am not sure what to do for a gas tank and I would rather not put one in the bed if I dont have to.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Robert97dodge said:
The fuel pump plug is similar. It wouldn't plug in, but since the Jeep has a harness coming off of it, it was easy to splice wires in. You could also get the other end of the Jeep plug and splice into that so you could unplug it.

Just four wires, so no big deal either way (and two are grounds).

I believe it would be close to fitting between the frame rails where the spare tire was. My concern is that it would be a little lower then the spare tire and may get smacked on things.

You would have to come up with a filler of some sort if you put it under the bed. The lines come off the side/top of Jeep tank and would need to come out and up. Maybe put it behind the tail light?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well my truck is a little higher than your so I dont think that I have to worry about it getting hung up on rocks. Also it will be above the rear axle some that that can help protect it too.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So the high beam switch in the stalk is getting flakey (may not like dust) and the RHS light assembly won't hold the high beam bulb anymore, and the low beam points a little crooked...

Also, the LHS fog light is MIA,

So I am upgrading:

6" Pro comp 100 Watt (I thinK) driving light.

I wired this into a seperate circuit. Relay at the battery, so I only draw big power about 3'. I put a non-iluminated switch with the safety cover (obnoxious blue) right beside the factory light switch, since I don't like the iluminated ones while driving, and the cover will give a great visual during daylight. I wired the switch to an ignition swicth so the key has to be on for the new lights. I figure 200+ watts for the pair, I should have the engine on...

The harness is in place for the second light but I decided not to mount it for the time being. I have some more goodies on the way. The new project will be cool, I will start it after Moab in November. :D

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So the high beam switch in the stalk is getting flakey (may not like dust) and the RHS light assembly won't hold the high beam bulb anymore, and the low beam points a little crooked...

Also, the LHS fog light is MIA,

So I am upgrading:

6" Pro comp 100 Watt (I thinK) driving light.

I wired this into a seperate circuit. Relay at the battery, so I only draw big power about 3'. I put a non-iluminated switch with the safety cover (obnoxious blue) right beside the factory light switch, since I don't like the iluminated ones while driving, and the cover will give a great visual during daylight. I wired the switch to an ignition swicth so the key has to be on for the new lights. I figure 200+ watts for the pair, I should have the engine on...

The harness is in place for the second light but I decided not to mount it for the time being. I have some more goodies on the way. The new project will be cool, I will start it after Moab in November. :D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ramv said:
I have some more goodies on the way. The new project will be cool, I will start it after Moab in November. :D

No hint? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Nickm said:
No hint? :flipoff2:
Well, I want to get a big pile of parts on the floor, and take a picture. :D

Should have a bunch of stuff this week.

I'll give a coupe of hints -- its not suspension. I'm pretty happy with the front, (might upgrade shocks), rear is ok, no sense in fixing it if it aint broke.

Also, not tires or wheels, I would just put them on and take a picture. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
CORam said:
, or a manual hub conversion. That's my guess.
Nope, no sense in making it weaker.

Already running a 9.5 XP winch, pretty happy with it.

Shafts are a good guess, I do have a Yukon inner sitting in my garage. Another inner, and some upgraded rears would be nice for sure, but still researching the best answer there....

NickM - -your closest --

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aaron, let me know when you're ready for a HP 60. I have an extra one on the floor ready for a Dodge.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
ramv said:
Well, I want to get a big pile of parts on the floor, and take a picture. :D

Should have a bunch of stuff this week.

I'll give a coupe of hints -- its not suspension. I'm pretty happy with the front, (might upgrade shocks), rear is ok, no sense in fixing it if it aint broke.

Also, not tires or wheels, I would just put them on and take a picture. :grinpimp:
so you said it wasnt tires or wheels but it actually was?

or is there another axle swap in your future?

41 - 60 of 382 Posts