Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find the specs but i think it has like 14.8 inches of travel..

anyone think this is overkill for toy fronts, 5.5 inch shackles, and near flat at ride height springs? i'll keep working on the spring packs to get as much travel as i can out of them..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn... it's in .xls

rancho's site says it has 15 inches of travel.. that's not so much what i'm wondering.. the question still remains of whether i can use that travel with toy rears up front.

Justin

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
ikeaboy said:
damn... it's in .xls

rancho's site says it has 15 inches of travel.. that's not so much what i'm wondering.. the question still remains of whether i can use that travel with toy rears up front.

Justin
is it being .xls good or bad? dude buy the biggest shocks you can get, build some hoops so they dont bottom out or become overextended ...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well.. ordered them.. and the ford shock mounts today.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yha, 9012/5012's are useless.. i know a lot of local guys that max them out with the same setup, and we figure useing all of a 9036 wont be a problem ether..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just installed a set of RS99036's two days ago. They measure out to being very close to what the stated lengths are. I measured that they have 14.75" of travel. The 5036's might be a little different. If you can, save up your money and get the 9000 series, they ride so much better.

:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ahhh, to Hell with Rancho's, the way to go is the Bilstein's.....pay the extra cash and get 5100 series or 7100 or 9100.............

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i knew the 5036s would be too soft, since they are supposed to be mounted dual like the 5012 and 9012.. these are merely cheap long travel shocks to hold me over till i can get some 5100 series bilsteins.

as it is i'm getting this whole sas done for around 1200.. with the age of all the parts concerned, that's looking like a damn good deal. maybe down the line a couple hundred for some bilsteins up front will be more feasable.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
".xls" that's Microsoft Excel you should have that on your pc to open the spreadsheet and view it at least.

My 9012's don't work so good upside down on my front axle....tend to stick instead of going smoothly in and out...kinda sucks but don't have $ for bilsteins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts