Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Rancho 2.5 inch lift kit SOA? My stock springs are tired and I have a 2.5 lift kit that's out on loan now. I'll be geting the Ranchos back and was just wondering if anyone runs with this set up. I was thinking that they might be a little stiff but after my buddy has been running them on his 40 SUA they might have softened up some. Any thoughts appreciated?

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
We did that to my buddies rig. And it was still stiff, even after running the springs SU for 2 years. Not to mention it was waaaaaaay to tall for the stock width axles. To get the height where we thought was good we had to take to many leaves out. We ended up pulling them all and selling them, and putting stock springs in there. Much better. Still a little to top heavy for my tastes but he seems happy now, and it works OK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's the answer I thought I would get. I just hate the tired springs that are under my cruiser now.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Blue40 said:
Yeah, that's the answer I thought I would get. I just hate the tired springs that are under my cruiser now.
I am sure you could find someone to trade springs with though. Or if worse comes to worse, try it. See what you think. Maybe those springs had sagged more. I know my buddies springs were a bitch to break in. We litterally went out and jumped it, every night for over a week before you could hit the gutter in the driveway and not bite your tongue. :laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts