Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i work with a dude that has a mid 90s range rover, he told me it has front and rear lockers, factory, its green and coil sprung, thats all i know about it, anyways he sees my rig and wants his lifted now, he has the money , he is a pilot, which way should i steer him, he wants to fit 33s, but i know nuthing about rovers period, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe he's referring to the CDL as the "factory lockers"?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CDL, please explain? i have and idea what it might be, locking t case sumthin or other???

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Yes, locking center differential in the transfer case.

But if it were an early-mid 90's RRC, it would have an automatic locking viscous center center differ (a Borg Warner); there would be only control for high and low range ratios fron the transfercase.

Don't assume the truck is stock...you mentioned it is coil sprung, and some RRs wer air-sprung during that time. Maybe it had been converted to coil springs and somebody installed front and rear lockers? Or maybe the owner doesn't know what the stock Rover came equipped with...?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i did find out it is a rover classic, if that means anything

mid 90s, ill prolly be the one lifting this rig, he wants to run 33s, the guy from rovertym said it takes 4 inches, i dont wanna fawk with a suv body lift, so whats gonna be my suspension options, not sure if it has air bags or whatnot, looked like coils to me when i gave it a quick look,:eek:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
it all revolved around how much he wants to trim, but im getting the impression that hes a poser type so not very much:D

4" with trimming would do it, a friend of mine runs 5" with 33x12.50 and some trimming and it looks good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts