Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to fix brake problems on 92 Ranger?

Problem
If your going slow 3mph and just touch the brake it instantly STOPS putting your head into the windshield.

If on highway at high speeds and need to stop quickly the brake goes out.

Is this a faulty / leak in master cylinder or what?

my mothers trk.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Some Rangers have a problem with the rear drum brakes locking up on cold/damp mornings. Something to do with the linings. The first problem you stated sounds a bit like this is whats happening.
The factory linings, as well as Raybestos I know have this problem. I haven't tried Bendix or anything else. When these crappy drums wear out, they're gettin swapped out for discs.

Brakes go out on the highway? whats happening? the pedal goes to the floor?
This may be a different issue. If theres no leaks anywhere, then probably a bad master. The ABS light isn't on is it?

Check out the link posted above. Great site. Plenty of traffic, too

·
Registered
323 Posts
My BII started doing it with the weather change around here. If it is only a problem at slow speed, I wouldn't worry about it.

Again, check out:
www.therangerstation.com
www.rrorc.com

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Guys,,

I did see the rangerstation.com on a google search but could not get to it, now I can. I will look around in there.

No the ABS light is off.

weather not a factor.

Highway, pedal does not go to floor just the brake just slows and releases. (Must be a leak) if pressed hard and quick and it does that.

I drove a 95 ranger and it was fine.
Just don't understand the slight touch at slow speed and it HALTS

Will flush system this weekend, and hope not have to replace Master.

Reply with findings

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RESOLVED :D RESOLVED :D

I flushed the Dirty:eek: old fluid out starting with drvr rear and Presto ;) Brakes now work perfect at slow speed and actually stop or skid at High speed. :D

? :confused: ABS either not factory on 92 Ranger XLT or they do not work :shaking:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts