Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like these are a hot commodity these days. I'm looking for an Advanced Adapters Ranger gear splitter for a GM application. Will be going in front of an SM465.

I have the new model (aluminum, part number 760002M-27) in my diesel Blazer, and am looking for another one for my C30 crane truck. The newer aluminum one is preferred, but I'll take anything I can get. Aluminum, iron, running or in need of rebuild. Let me know what you have. I am in SoCal and can pickup within a reasonable distance, and I am also willing to pay to ship.

I'm a pic whore, so this is the current setup in my Blazer.

And this is the new project, currently in need of an overdrive

·
blatant asshole
12,614 Posts
Better ways to do it than a ranger.

Nv4500 would be start.
Old brownie box 5531/5831
14bff gears are available as fast as 3.21.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better ways to do it than a ranger.

Nv4500 would be start.
Old brownie box 5531/5831
14bff gears are available as fast as 3.21.
Different ways to do it, sure. You could even do a gear vendors unit. But I'm very satisfied with the ranger in my K5 and would like to do another if possible.

If I can't find a ranger, a brownie box would work and probably be even cooler anyway. I'm worried they'll be even harder to get though, you got any leads on where to find one?

Do you know if the NV4500 uses the same type
PTO (gear and bolt pattern) as the SM465? I have a PTO hydraulic pump to run the crane on the passenger side of the trans, and definitely need to keep that. Relocating lengthwise it isn't a big deal, but it does need to stay passenger side mounted.

·
blatant asshole
12,614 Posts
Youll have to swap the drive gear at the absolute minimum. 6 bolt pattern is the same.

As someone who has a pretty solid history and back ground with gv i really try to steer people away from them if they arent a particular situation customer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Youll have to swap the drive gear at the absolute minimum. 6 bolt pattern is the same.

As someone who has a pretty solid history and back ground with gv i really try to steer people away from them if they arent a particular situation customer.
I've never had a GV so I can't speak from experience, but I've never been too impressed with the idea. They always seemed expensive for what they are.

Sounds like I just need to keep an eye out for a ranger or a Spicer or Brown/Lipe box. Any idea what a fair price would be for a 5831 with shifter and yokes? I found a place that has a new in box Ranger for sale, but the want $2200 for it. I bought my first one a couple years back for $1400 which seemed fair, bit 2k+ seems like a bit much for what it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts