Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Ranger overdrive... I have 85 1ton crew cab 4x4 6.2 turbo/ 465/205 and am needing a little more gear , for the open road ... axles are 3.73.... considering the OD verses the 4500 since the OD will come out a few hundred cheaper and a lot less fabrication.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Has anyone used a Ranger overdrive... I have 85 1ton crew cab 4x4 6.2 turbo/ 465/205 and am needing a little more gear , for the open road ... axles are 3.73.... considering the OD verses the 4500 since the OD will come out a few hundred cheaper and a lot less fabrication.
I've been looking to see the same thing for a while now...in short no, really no one here or anywhere hardly uses them. This is the only link of substance I can get Google to cough up, http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/rangeroverdrive.htm
and I am fairly certain that guy took it out and swapped in a ZF 5 speed.

You could probably find one used for a lot cheaper than new thru AA.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, thanks for the link,,, I looked at that sight a few days ago in my search for facts... I looked at the pics that the guy had, and saw the OD but later in the pics there looked to be a Ford ZF 5spd tranny linked up in the same floorpan.
Ck out my post of the same name in the Tow Rigs section of this sight... Oilburnin has had one in his Scout for approx 100k miles behind a Cummins 6bt and says its holding up fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts