Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
rgentry said:
Totally lurking here, but from the SOR catalog you can
see that Marv still has the clear lenses. OEM or REPRO?
Don't know.

146-02A-C CLEAR T/S LENS-1963-1968 FJ40/45*CLEAR
That appears to be the clear turn signal lens they're talking about. Now someone just has to come up with a red lens for the two sided (clear on the front? / red on the back) '61 FJ40 turn signal. :laughing:

· Registered
534 Posts
FYI, clear turn signals were legal in the USA until 66 or 67, maybe even 68. But by 69 defiantely not. Are all the Toyota lenses plastic?? On Patrols they are glass :D :p

And yes in most 3rd world countries clear lenses were standard into the early 80's.

I have a 65 Patrol I got not long ago with original clear glass turn signals in near perfect shape but the truck is trashed. has holes from rot the size of dinner plates! Funny how some parts will be beyond dusted but others are siting on an old truck like new.

Put some OEM clear lenses on a 64 Patrol last year and drove it around for months. No probs with the law at all, I don't think they care much about anything on 40 year old trucks. No seat belts, no doors, folded windshield, clear turn signalsl and they police never even look my way.

· Registered
761 Posts
Have clear lenses on the 25 bib with clear bulbs wired as turn signals. No problems with the law so far. They do flash a pale yellow because of the yellow zinc plating on the inside of the light assembly. Also am running rear red turn signals with no law problems on a DD.

· Registered
2,791 Posts
Cruiser Nerd said:
That appears to be the clear turn signal lens they're talking about. Now someone just has to come up with a red lens for the two sided (clear on the front? / red on the back) '61 FJ40 turn signal. :laughing:

That shouldnt be too hard, IF they are the same dimensions as the clear or amber ones that you can still get new. sure one of the amber ones would make a good mold. I have seen the two sided ones only once, so no idea if the lenses are the same. It would be pretty annoying looking at the red light in front of you all the time, though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.