Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this will probably get deleted but I would like to find out when(if) Josh is gonna get the Coil kit he won back in June or July. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but some sort of explanation would be nice. And for those of you that say this shouldn't be public, I don't agree, it was a public give-away so I think the people(PBB members) that voted for Josh should know what's up. Were we suckered?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
So, this will probably get deleted but I would like to find out when(if) Josh is gonna get the Coil kit he won back in June or July. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but some sort of explanation would be nice. And for those of you that say this shouldn't be public, I don't agree, it was a public give-away so I think the people(PBB members) that voted for Josh should know what's up. Were we suckered?
Can you give away something you don't have ?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Tim,

i explained very clearly what the state of this kit was in the old thread. If you didn't happen to read it there, here it is again.

DSI said:
i've tried to stay relativly off topic about this, but here's a few facts...

we had lowbuck's truck, and NO LABOR CHARGE to build this kit from, he gave us several deadlines for R&D and finishing his truck, when we didn't meet them because it was R&D and we had a few hitches, but finally pushed it out the door to meet his deadline, in doing that we didn't get a chance to finish all of our final template fitting, or even making for that matter. we've done our best to re-start this from scratch in free time and after hours as to not lose any more money in the production of this kit. guess what, it's not done becuase of time.

now we never asked for Josh to bring us his truck when he did, lowbuck and him made that arrangment all on there own, and josh was told it wasn't going to happen any time soon, he was ok with that at the time, we've talked almost weekly about it and he's known since day one the situation and the hangup and has been ok with it, until this thread.

we never called lowbuck to bring the rig back because of the time constraints we were given the first time we had the rig, and didn't want to end up in a similar situation with him again.

so there it is. now please in true PBB fashion overanalize this responce, nit pick it apart, and talk extreme ammounts of shit.

Thank You

and i'll say again. Shaffer's Offroad never asked Joah to bring his truck to our shop when he did. He and Lowbuck made those arrangment's 100% on there own, and Josh was told then we had NO ETA on his kit, he was fine with it and said no rush. Last time i spoke to Josh he was still fine with waiting for a FREE suspension kit.

If you have anymore questions or comments feel free to call me, or PM me.

Thank you..

Oh and again...

now please in true PBB fashion overanalize this responce, nit pick it apart, and talk extreme ammounts of shit.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
werd

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
DSI, do you have, or not have a timeline for fufilling the giveaway?

The dog will go to sleep if it gets a yes or no answer.

Steve, Josh has been informed of our expected time line, and we do have one, now because of this case or rabid dog syndrome, i don't really feel i need to post it up here. No offence.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Alright , I'll chime in. I am expecting links to be arriving soon from Shaffer's Offroad. I just purchased a new digital camera and will be documenting the build here at Hangtown Extreme using Mike's components......

(singing voice on) All I want for Christmas is my new rear links , my rear links , my new rear links......:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Alright , I'll chime in. I am expecting links to be arriving soon from Shaffer's Offroad. I just purchased a new digital camera and will be documenting the build here at Hangtown Extreme using Mike's components......

(singing voice on) All I want for Christmas is my new rear links , my rear links , my new rear links......:laughing:

and you said you were going to stay out of this! :flipoff2:

thank you for chiming in, maybe Tim will calm down a bit and realize no one's getting screwed, cheated, used, abused, lied to, or taken advantage of. :rolleyes:

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
and you said you were going to stay out of this! :flipoff2:

thank you for chiming in, maybe Tim will calm down a bit and realize no one's getting screwed, cheated, used, abused, lied to, or taken advantage of. :rolleyes:

[Roxy on] Yeah, but is anybody getting the buttsecks? [Roxy off]

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
Steve, Josh has been informed of our expected time line, and we do have one, now because of this case or rabid dog syndrome, i don't really feel i need to post it up here. No offence.
Dave, IMHO, the lesson here is for all vendors.

Don't do a giveaway before you have the item on the shelf. When Josh won the Giveaway, He should have gotten what was stated,,, in a timely fashion, period!!

Not a bunch of stories about how the other guy flaked, and screwed up our r&d etc, etc, etc.

So, When I ask for a yes or no, and get a paragraph,, I raise my left arm up high so I don't get any BS on my watch :shaking:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've been eyeballing their kit for a while. The truck in the pic looks mean as hell.

If the dude isn't in a hurry...why keep busting their chops?

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I've been eyeballing their kit for a while. The truck in the pic looks mean as hell.

The "dude" is missing several planned runs. Since DSI said his particualr kit required custom parts...only makes sense to have the truck there. eventually though a guy needs an answer as to when they're going to get him his truck back.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Dave, IMHO, the lesson here is for all vendors.

Don't do a giveaway before you have the item on the shelf. When Josh won the Giveaway, He should have gotten what was stated,,, in a timely fashion, period!!

Not a bunch of stories about how the other guy flaked, and screwed up our r&d etc, etc, etc.

So, When I ask for a yes or no, and get a paragraph,, I raise my left arm up high so I don't get any BS on my watch :shaking:
This should be a REQUIRMENT for all giveaways......I "won" an entire tube chasis on a raffle here about two years ago and never saw a damn thing...:mad3: ......this was a different situation but DSI should have learned from that experience instead of just washing his hands of it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
NOOOO , not again:shaking:

OK i'm changing my stance on this.....Rat bought , stole or somehow aquired his pile o rust a while back and i have yet to see him behind the wheel of it...( although he did trailer it to fordice once) . Didn't wheel it ...just trailered it there??
I'm coming to the conclusion that the rat is either afraid to wheel it, can't drive or can't figure out how to make it run long enough to wheel it....
In my experience i've only seen him ride "Bitch" on runs with others (who will remain nameless)......
Now I understand that he has a woman, this leads me to believe that the rat has even less time to get his heap forward....... Would she want to ride in his junk sitting on a stolen milk crate as a passenger seat anyway??
Sooo my solution is that the rat doesn't deserve to have won the pole that got him in this position in the first place... Therefore I should be awarded the non existing gift as my junk has no rust and i have a passenger seat for my woman....

nough said:flipoff2:

Bib

·
Registered
518 Posts
Cause we know him and he has NO balls......

EDIT .....Sorry he really does have balls , but there really small rodent balls....Hardly counts!

Plus we have nothing better to do at the moment:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
, maybe Tim will calm down a bit and realize no one's getting screwed, cheated, used, abused, lied to, or taken advantage of. :rolleyes:
Ya know Dave, I'm not trying to be a Dick here but if recall correct, Josh put his kit on the back burner so you(shaffers) could do the R&D with lowbucks rig to get the kit rollin(cause Josh's is not the same). I'm not sure if you know Josh very well but he's not the type of guy to stir up the shit in situations like this and he's just gonna go with the flow. I'm trying to stick up for a friend that I feel has been strung along. Don't get me wrong, I think the kit is gonna be great and I know Josh would have been the best advertisement you'd seen in a long time. I hope this can all be worked out soon.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ya know Dave, I'm not trying to be a Dick here, but this has been the worst advertisement you'd seen in a long time. I hope this can all be worked out soon.

Fixed it for ya..........

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.