Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
got it!

I agree with everyone on the fact that a vendor should NOT give a way a product that has not been completed or even tested...or hell, DESIGNED!

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
This should be a REQUIRMENT for all giveaways......I "won" an entire tube chasis on a raffle here about two years ago and never saw a damn thing...:mad3: ......this was a different situation but DSI should have learned from that experience instead of just washing his hands of it.
Eh?

Link

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Josh, let me know if you need a hand installing. I'll be happy to come up and cut/grind/weld/drink one of these evenings!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey Rat...

Unless you sweep under it on a daily basis, I see NO evidence of ANY "piles of Rust" under your junk!

Have we been decieved as to the presence of rust?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Hey Rat...

Unless you sweep under it on a daily basis, I see NO evidence of ANY "piles of Rust" under your junk!

Have we been decieved as to the presence of rust?
DSI is mistaken , as the only rust I know of is between his ears.:laughing:

Edit: No bad blood between Mike Shaffer or Dave and I. Things have been satisfactorily resolved and I am waiting on parts.........stay tuned

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmmm "Rodent Balls" seem to have swollen a bit ...........

Good for you Bro!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
WOW :eek: this board never stop's amazing me. It's a real shame that we deleted the origional give away thread once it was done, because the reason for the giveaway was we were looking for a truck to build a system on. And to use for future advertisment. We also stated that it needed to be a 2nd or 3rd gen in the giveaway. Te requirements were, you needed to post up a pic of your truck, and be a red/yellow star member. As people started to post I noticed that there were several tacoma's posted, which of course didn't qualify, but realistically i wouldn't mind doing a Tacoma Kit also, and Rat also posted his Hilux, which will also not work for any kit, which would have to be a 100% one off kit. My first thought was to send Rat a PM to let him know his truck did not fit the criteria. But after talking to a few people off PBB everyone was so stoked for Josh because he was actually in the running to win this kit, and i just could not bring myself to call him and break the bad news to him. So i never posted anything about it, or said anything about it. It came down to the wire, and Josh was the winner.

Here's where the problem comes in. I received over 30 e-mails from people on PBB that his rig won the kit, and he clearly did not meet the rules for the drawing, and several of the claimed the drawing was fixed. So I talked with Josh a bit on the phone and weren't really able to set a time/date to get his truck in because his would not be a kit, but a complete one off setup, and that there never would be a "kit" to fit a hilux pickup. After he was announced the winner we were contacted by LowBuck. LowBuck knew we still needed a vehicle to build the kit from, so our deal with LowBuck was, if he paid for part's and materials, we would do the labor for free. LowBuck brought his 4runner to us and dropped it off, and we proceeded to begin working on it. After actually changing the kit about 5 times we finally got LowBuck's rig done behind the schedule he had set for us, leaving us with no time to dissasemble the 4runner, Re-Assemble it while writing instructions and taking more of the required photo's for the instructions. We got NO R&D time into the kit.

On LowBucks way to pick his rig up, he picked up Rat's truck and brought it to our shop. Now is where things became a bit unfair for Josh, we're probably one of the busiest offroad shops on the west coast. Major suspension work is generally 3-6 months out. When Josh's truck arrived we had lower link mount's and a Y link mount already built for it. But the problem is, everything else had to be custom built, at the current time we were 6 months back logged and the current projects our fab guys were working on had a deadline, Josh's rig when it was dropped off did not have a deadline. So as far as a vendor learning a lesson and having a product on the shelf before doing the giveaway, that's great, IF it's not a prototype product that your actually using to give away to help build and design.

So the bottom line is Josh won a kit he didn't qualify for, it had to be 100% custom, and had to wait in line with every other customer of ours, one thing i have learned form this is we have only given away one thing here on PBB that hasn't turned into a disaster. So we will definatly think twice before ever giving anything away again. Who's to blame for all of this? US. for not stick to our own rules on the giveaway because if we would have given away the kit ti an 84-95 toyota, it would have been in and out in under 2 weeks, and i wouldn't have basically given away 2 kit's for free.

I apreciate that LowBuck let us use his 4runner to build the first kit on, and I in no way balme any of this on him. And as far as Josh goes, we've been friends for a long time and I have nothing against Josh and believe we will be friends for many years to come.

Disco, i wish if you were going to drag a buisness into the dirt you would know all the fact's before hand.

Oh, and Josh you will have you new links for Christmas, so give me a call so we can meet up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
This should be a REQUIRMENT for all giveaways......I "won" an entire tube chasis on a raffle here about two years ago and never saw a damn thing...:mad3: ......this was a different situation but DSI should have learned from that experience instead of just washing his hands of it.

Scooterloo, i take this as somewhat of a personal attack. What you won had nothing to do with Shaffer's Offroad, you won a chassis that was offered from Factory Tubular in a raffle that was to raise money to help Nick Socha. Factory Tubular is now known as Outer Limit's Motorsports out of Salt Lake City UT. This has nothgin to do with Shaffer's Offroad or any of it's employees (DSI). While yes we all feel bad you got screwed on a giveaway, but Shaffer's Offroad has never screwed anyone over on receiving there prize in a giveaway.

Thanks
Mike Shaffer

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thanks for posting up , Mike. While I can't make it to Carson City this weekend to get those links , I appreciate the gesture.(I have family in town & can't get away)
Let's all enjoy the Holiday and things will be back to reality before any of us want them to. When the lowers are done , gimme a call and I'll pay for the UPS ride down here. -Josh

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Thanks for posting up , Mike. While I can't make it to Carson City this weekend to get those links , I appreciate the gesture.(I have family in town & can't get away)
Let's all enjoy the Holiday and things will be back to reality before any of us want them to. When the lowers are done , gimme a call and I'll pay for the UPS ride down here. -Josh

Well i was thinking of driving down so i can stick one of the links up Disco butt:D :laughing:

They will be done this friday so just give me a call

Mike:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
So the bottom line is Josh won a kit he didn't qualify for, Who's to blame for all of this? US. for not stick to our own rules on the giveaway because if we would have given away the kit ti an 84-95 toyota, it would have been in and out in under 2 weeks, and i wouldn't have basically given away 2 kit's for free.

Exactlly what I said in my post......."Rat shouldn't win" .
You've just got different reasons than I do!

Sooo my solution is that the rat doesn't deserve to have won the pole that got him in this position in the first place... Therefore I should be awarded the non existing gift as my junk has no rust and i have a passenger seat for my woman....

nough said:flipoff2:

Bib

Cause I HAVE an 84-95 Toyota......

So it's all settled, When should I bring my junk to your shop...

And lastly I sincerly hope all this won't hamper my chances of winning any of your future giveaways.

Bib

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well i was thinking of driving down so i can stick one of the links up Disco butt:D :laughing:
Don't get mad at me for a mistake you guys made. If he didn't qualify for the kit, you shouldn't have chosen him as one of the finalists. ;)

I'll probably be at the Placerville Brewery this weekend. :p

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Scooterloo, i take this as somewhat of a personal attack. What you won had nothing to do with Shaffer's Offroad, you won a chassis that was offered from Factory Tubular in a raffle that was to raise money to help Nick Socha. Factory Tubular is now known as Outer Limit's Motorsports out of Salt Lake City UT. This has nothgin to do with Shaffer's Offroad or any of it's employees (DSI). While yes we all feel bad you got screwed on a giveaway, but Shaffer's Offroad has never screwed anyone over on receiving there prize in a giveaway.

Thanks
Mike Shaffer
In no way was my post directed at you, OR Shaffers Off Road, I should have clarified that in my first post. The issue I had (before reading your reply) was DSI involved in "another" bad giveaway/raffle. DSI was the organizer of the Socha raffle and I feel he should be partially responsible because he was the promoter/organizer. Yes I still hold a grudge. But my main point of don't offer something you don't have (while not applying to this particular giveaway) is something that should be monitored better.

Edit: Last I heard Outer Limits is out of business also...........anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
ok, just out of curosity, the 4-link kit---are you going to offer it for the front? If so, what do you think the price is gonna range from.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.