Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder.

Ratlesnake Road is still closed and will be so until the gate is open. Even if there is access at another point and the snow is gone down at the campground it doesn't mean the road is officially open to use. When the forest engineers have determined the road will not be damaged by vehicle use (all of it not just the lower part) the gate at Cisco Grove will be opened.

Please do not short cut this and piss off the Forest Service. They do patrol the road and you will be cited if caught. It's also a great way to destroy the great working relationship we have with TNF.

I am doing all I can to get definite date to pass on. As soon as I have the information I'll post it here.

Thanks.

·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tahoe National Forest will be sending someone up Rattlesnake tomorrow to assess conditions and if what they find is positive they will open the gate.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
The gate at Rattlesnake Road is open at the campground. However the snow is still deep before the summit and is most likely not passable.

Also note that a forest service LEO is out and about on Rattlesnake and on the Indian Springs side so be legal.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
couple people i know were up there last weekend. they made it too the lake through some 6foot or so drifts but didnt attempt heading down the commitee road entrance due to deep snow. so good luck anyone heading up there this weekend should be fun going in that way anyway!

·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Does anyone know if it is passible from the comittee crossing out to cisco? Planning to try that route this weekend, but will go in and out the other way, if there is no way to tread lightly via rattlesnake road.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Does anyone know if it is passible from the comittee crossing out to cisco? Planning to try that route this weekend, but will go in and out the other way, if there is no way to tread lightly via rattlesnake road.
I ran it last weekend and there was no snow. The road was clear.

Have fun and if you see a black Nextel phone between Fordyce lake and the committee crossing please pick it up. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts