Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A bunch of us are going up to Rausch Creek on Sunday Dec 14th to give it a try. We'd do the whole weekend, but they have hunting on Sat there.

Post up if your interested so I can let Mark and Lynn at the park know how many are comming.

We will be be doing the Trail 5 hill climb, crawler's ridge and Challenge rock along with some new stuff Mark cut and wants broke in.

All vehicle levels welcome.

John

Rausch Creek Info

·
Registered
575 Posts
I want to go soon as the weather gets a little better, got a good size group who will be up for it in the spring sometime if your up for it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just post up.

I can easily put together a group of 5 to 10 trucks to run up there in the spring. Looks lie we are still going on the 14th, unless it is snowing that day. Don't mind the snow on the ground, just have no interest in trailering up there in the snow.

John

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
How would this place be for a Rock Crawl competition.

We are looking for locations to be used in a 2005 national series?

Rich

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yup. It was nice in the woods! The trip up and back was bad.

The group only broke a tie rod on a TJ, and I had a spare so it was all good. Eugene from KGB and John were the 'big boys' and the rest were TJs and a YJ (with heaters!!!). We did trail 5, 2 and a new section of 6. The new section of 6 will be really fun when we blow some more trees out. Think of a massive crawler ridge, with sharp, pointy rocks.

Get your truck back together so you can wheel man.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent day in the woods

Mark, thanks again for a great day. Always a blast there. Let me know hwen you want to open up some more of the areas. I'll be there to knock some more trees down.

Rich-- definitely talk to Mark about holding something there. They have some stuff there that hasn't even been opened up yet that would be incredible for some competitions, could be very spectator friendly as far as acess from the parking area.

I didn't take any photos, but some other's did here's a link to them. For Eugene and I, we did some of the easier trails since we had some lesser equiped rigs and we didn't feel like fixing anything in the frozen tundra.

Mark Long's Photos

Chris Nahas' Photos
Chris' photos are huge-- dial up users beware

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts