Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a cross post....But:flipoff2: its good tech:D

Team HBRK teamed up with Tony K from Rock Equipment and we are going to be running a Razor chassis this next year.

This mid engine chassis is made from 1.5" DOM tubing and will house a 4.3 Vortec, Powerglide auto, 5:1 Atlas, D60's turned upside down (being built by Adam Ant and Ecliff) using all of the Crane components and Yukon axles from Greg @ 4wd Factory with some CTM's of course:D

Pepper from Pepdaddy's and I started on this on the 20th of November and I picked it up and took it to our new shop on Saturday the 22nd we are at a point where we are ready to hang axles:D

Here is the link to the complete write up on it..
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196413&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

and a few pics..

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
*corse* said:
That pig looks pretty damn stout!!! Should be a kickass juggy!
Umm.. I think you mean Buggy. Juggy would imply that there is a little bit of Jeep involved.. and I have a feeling Shane would never let that happen :flipoff2: Looks good man!
Scott

·
Registered
441 Posts
so was the chasis free? looks like you are going to move up in the weight department alot....60's and 4.3, weren't you running 44's and a Zuki drivetrain before. other then the overall strength difference do you really feel the weight transfer to the mid engine design is gong to help you more now that this rig will probably weight more then what you had? do you have ballpark figures yet has to how much the new rig is compared to your old buggy? I was just wondering....thinking about building a buggy and I'm tore between trying to go light with the Scout 44's and a 4banger or just say fawk it and get some 2.5 tons with a V8:confused: basically did you find that strength is more of a concern then weight when you're dealing with a tube chassis build.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jayrockn7 said:
so was the chasis free? looks like you are going to move up in the weight department alot....60's and 4.3, weren't you running 44's and a Zuki drivetrain before. other then the overall strength difference do you really feel the weight transfer to the mid engine design is gong to help you more now that this rig will probably weight more then what you had? do you have ballpark figures yet has to how much the new rig is compared to your old buggy? I was just wondering....thinking about building a buggy and I'm tore between trying to go light with the Scout 44's and a 4banger or just say fawk it and get some 2.5 tons with a V8:confused: basically did you find that strength is more of a concern then weight when you're dealing with a tube chassis build.
The chassis can be purchased from Tony K at rock equipment;)
this will actually be a lighter rig than my last buggy....alot less tubing, lighter weight panels............this should come in around the 27-2800# mark.......my old buggy was 3200 going to supercrawl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts