Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anybodys into the rc crawling.our local park has started rc comps and it looks pretty fun.i was thinking about buying one but i know nothing about them.id like to buy something that is out of the box ready to crawl,with every thing i need included.any ideas?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
PM lazybum here on pirate he is the 08 socal/utah series champ he can answer any questions you have on this subject.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are definatly not cheap if you want the good stuff with rear stear. I had one, then I sold it to fund my real crawler.
im starting to see what you mean,the prices on some of this custom built shit is retarded.but for about 300 bucks this axial set up looks like its worth it
just for playing in the yard

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
im starting to see what you mean,the prices on some of this custom built shit is retarded.but for about 300 bucks this axial set up looks like its worth it
just for playing in the yard
a few mods to that out of the box deal and you get some really cool shit

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yup I got over 1500 in to my ax-10 but that's only because around here it's not that big so some one has to r&d things lol. And that some one is me :S oh well it destroys everyone else around here! Not cheap, tons of fun, and can slowly upgrade! You'll enjoy I promise.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
They are definatly not cheap if you want the good stuff with rear stear. I had one, then I sold it to fund my real crawler.
Funny how actually driving the real thing usually out weighs "operating" a toy!!!

Unless you have no fab skills than I guess getting 1/10th scale glory and 1/10th scale trophy girls is ok.......:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Funny how actually driving the real thing usually out weighs "operating" a toy!!!

Unless you have no fab skills than I guess getting 1/10th scale glory and 1/10th scale trophy girls is ok.......:flipoff2:
OK, that brings the funny right there. :laughing: SNAP...

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
a few mods to that out of the box deal and you get some really cool shit

Sweet rigs!

What exactly did you do to those? Do you have a parts list and/or a write up for us RC newbs. Just trying to save some steps here.:D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i have to agree here nothing takes the place of real wheeling,but ive got a perfect place in my back yard for a toy like this:D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You can spend some bank on these I know when I started doing RC comps I kind of felt like I was playing with toys you quickly realize how much it adds up when you get into front digs beefed up axles and better motors and electroincs. RCP crawlers sponsor our f-toy so I get some way cool stuff. check out thier website there are entry level kits to get started and step up as you can

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have an AX-10 and it is a lot of fun. You will end up wanting to upgrade some parts, especially on the rtr version.

Of course it is not the same as wheeling an actual rig, but most people can't take their full size wheeler out on a wednesday after work either like you can a RC.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have an AX-10 and it is a lot of fun. You will end up wanting to upgrade some parts, especially on the rtr version.

Of course it is not the same as wheeling an actual rig, but most people can't take their full size wheeler out on a wednesday after work either like you can a RC.
And you can set up a course in the back yard so when the weather is crappy you can crawl from your favorite chair in the den.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
i have to agree here nothing takes the place of real wheeling,but ive got a perfect place in my back yard for a toy like this:D
I didnt say I didnt have one....but it hasnt been used in some time as the fool-size version takes all the $$$ I have!!!And even the 1/10th scale trophy girls are still a pain in the ass drama queens!!!!:grinpimp:

I would buy the new axial ax-10 ARTR(Almost ready to run) because it has a bunch of good upgrades on it like the tires,bent rear links and non green parts!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts